Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity-Ann Taylor Loft MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity-Ann Taylor Loft MasterCard

Hey everyone!

About two weeks ago I went shopping in Ann Taylor Loft and at checkout they asked if I wanted to upgrade my Loft card to a MasterCard to get an additional discount. I said sure, gave them the necessary info and after the associate made a phone call, I was approved and got the discount on my purchase. She said they couldn't give her any information about the account over the phone and I'd receive something in the mail.  A few days ago I decided to give them a call to fInd out more info on the account and they couldn't find any record of a MasterCard being issued in my name, they could only find my existing Loft card. This was so weird to me because I got the new account discount and there is a hard pull on my Equifax account. What do you think is going on? What would suggest for next steps?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Samac
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity-Ann Taylor Loft MasterCard

My next step would be to dispute the hard pull if the account doesn't exist in the record. And to hope they didn't create the account so I could get the discount again.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same exact thing happened to me at Macy's once. I was offered an upgrade to the Macy's Amex. In reality there is no such thing as an upgrade at Macy's.... You are actually applying for a whole new account when you "upgrade". So I applied and was approved, got my extra discount and went on my merry way. A week later I get my card in the mail... The card i received was a plain Macy's card, not the Amex. I was extremely confused so I called the dreaded credit department at Macy's. After being transferred several times I was told that I didn't qualify for the Amex so I was approved for ANOTHER store account... WHAT????
Needless to say I went from confused to pissed in about two minutes. After a lot of phone calls and some very choice words from myself about how badly trained their employees are... I was able to combine BOTH of my store cards into an Amex. Unbelievable! The clerk at Macy's completely lied to me, she told me I was upgrading an existing account and was approved for the Amex version and let me leave thinking just that. I'm sure they are offered incentives for opening new accounts and some will do so by any means necessary.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I received a letter stating that since I already had a Loft store card, they couldn't issue me a new store card. So the associate in the store opened an application for a store card instead of a MasterCard. I guess it wasn't meant to be! I disputed the inquiry and now I'm gardening until Summer 2017. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.