Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Auto Decline

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Comenity Auto Decline

Spoke to Comenity Customer Relations Comenity declines applications if there are more than 5 inq within the last 30 days Just wanted to let people know

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity Auto Decline

Thanks for sharing.

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 2 of 14
LiberatedRN
Contributor

That's good information to know! Thanks for sharing!Smiley Happy

Officially in the Garden: 2-7-15 till 2-7-16 EQ 711 TU 735 EX 709 (Goal Score 750) (current accounts and inquiries need to age)AmexBlueCashPreferred$6.5K /CDP$6.3K/CitiDblCash$1.5k/Discover$4K/AmexGRN / ChaseFreedom$3.5K /Chase Disney$2.5K/ShopHQ$3.8K/Ebates$3.5K/WilliamsSonoma$4.5K/ /Amazon$2.6K/ HSN$2.3K /Walmart$2.3K/JCrew$4.5K / QVC$2.8K/PayPalCredit$884/BOA(sec)$600/The Loft $1000/Target $500/JCPenney$400/VS$500Last App2-7-15
Message 3 of 14
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

AND THERE IS NO MENTION OF CREDITADDICT IN THIS THREAD Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 14
CardHunter
Established Contributor

wrote:
Spoke to Comenity Customer Relations Comenity declines applications if there are more than 5 inq within the last 30 days Just wanted to let people know

Thanks for the info. I just cold apped for the Tigerdirect card (again) a few mins ago but got the 7 - 10 day window which I am taken is a decline but I only had 1 inq. in the past 30 days! Boo! Thanks again for the info.

Message 5 of 14
CardHunter
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

AND THERE IS NO MENTION OF CREDITADDICT IN THIS THREAD Smiley Surprised

LOL..Yeah, something just isn't right with this thread. LOL.. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Te3030
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info, but I was approved with 5+ inquires as well as my wife was approved & she had 8 in 1 month.

Message 7 of 14
dursty87
Established Contributor

When I applied for the Virgin America card and was declined due to inquiries I tried to recon and they said too many in the past 3 months.  I don't think this applies to all Comenity cards..most likely different UW criteria.

Message 8 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ssondubs wrote:

When I applied for the Virgin America card and was declined due to inquiries I tried to recon and they said too many in the past 3 months.  I don't think this applies to all Comenity cards..most likely different UW criteria.

Exactly.  Each private label company sets those standards with CB/CCB and those algorithms are tweaked based on portfolio management that would be associated with account growth, marketing promotions, credit losses, etc.  These are adjusted periodically.  So, it's not a one-size fits all for all Comenity CCs.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little late to the party on this one.   Thank you so much for the information, much appreciated. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.