Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity BT offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity BT offer

I realized that I put in the mailing address for the bank to which the BT goes as the billing inquiry address not the payment address. I had a hunch I didn't do things right. Not wanting the check to be held in a limbo, I tried to have Comenity change the address. I called the first time today and the associate refused to help. I called a 2nd time, this associate was nicer. He recommended reversing the BT and putting the credit back so I can re-do the BT. He says it'll take 7-10 days for the credit to go back. BTW, the transaction showed up just today (almost a week).

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've done 2 BT's with them thus far and both times, it took a week for it to show up on the transaction record. They're slow.
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've done 2 BT's with them thus far and both times, it took a week for it to show up on the transaction record. They're slow.

@Anonymous

How long did it take the receiving creditors to show the payment?

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a BT offer on my Ulta MC, I'm debating taking advantage, but I'm unable to do it online for some reason so I have to call in, which annoys me. Will probably still take advantage though. 

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

How long did it take the receiving creditors to show the payment?

On BT #1, to AMEX, it took a full 2 weeks. #2 to Disc took 9 days. Maybe the time taken is different with different creditors... Going further, there was a fee on the first but no fee on the second. Not sure if the fee structure changed during the interim or there was a glitch, but I was happy about that either way! 

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a 0% interest/0% fee offer on my BJ's Mastercard. I've never used the card, only got it (a year ago) because the rep who I signed up for the membership with was very nice and I figured I'd be nice to her. It has a $16k credit limit and I just paid my estimated taxes on my BofA Premium Rewards card (2.625% back more than covers the fee). I submitted a BT request for the full $16k. The BofA statement closes today so I just need to make sure that the BT check posts within the next month so I don't get hit with an interest charge there. Sounds like it will take at least a week for it to showup on the Comenity site, although my available CL dropped to zero after submitting. Will Comenity actually mail a check or will they issue an ACH payment?

I haven't had one of these truly free offers in several years.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.