Comenity Bank Credit Cards

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank Credit Cards

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@100down0monthly wrote:

Curious about the CLI's.  Apparently can be automatic, but how much usage do the cards need?  I really don't have much of an interest in using the 2 I did get, but will probably make a small purchase every 3 months or so just to keep the cards open.  Even if I seldom use the cards, will I still get CLI's now and then?

PUSH the button online constantly!

some of the cards start giving CLI;s instantly when you set up account online and hit the button!

My pottery barn was approved for $2k, week later created online account and hit button and it gave me $800 = $2800.

Express usually takes 9 months

MANY have statee they can hit button MONTHLY on Jcrew and get another $100-$300

Total Rewards Visa was giving out tons of CLI in a row, some hit button over 5 times before getting message of review (which means you are done for now)

I try CLI online after I get approved for each of my comenity cards.... some need 6 months and some need 9 months before first increase.

Yea, I tried the Express CLI luv button but got the letter yesterday saying the account is too new.  Also tried the Sportsman's Guide luv button yesterday (when it arrived) and didn't go through...called and talked to CSR and she said i would have to wait 6months as the account is too new.

Yeah bro; I hit the luv button on the SG Visa around once or twice per month, but have not gotten any kind of luv...lol.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 41 of 57
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@100down0monthly wrote:

Curious about the CLI's.  Apparently can be automatic, but how much usage do the cards need?  I really don't have much of an interest in using the 2 I did get, but will probably make a small purchase every 3 months or so just to keep the cards open.  Even if I seldom use the cards, will I still get CLI's now and then?

some of the cards start giving CLI;s instantly when you set up account online and hit the button!

My pottery barn was approved for $2k, week later created online account and hit button and it gave me $800 = $2800.

Total Rewards Visa was giving out tons of CLI in a row, some hit button over 5 times before getting message of review (which means you are done for now)

I try CLI online after I get approved for each of my comenity cards.... some need 6 months and some need 9 months before first increase.

Yea, I tried the Express CLI luv button but got the letter yesterday saying the account is too new.  Also tried the Sportsman's Guide luv button yesterday (when it arrived) and didn't go through...called and talked to CSR and she said i would have to wait 6months as the account is too new.

Yeah bro; I hit the luv button on the SG Visa around once or twice per month, but have not gotten any kind of luv...lol.

lol i feel ya bro, have you purchased anything from there?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 42 of 57
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@100down0monthly wrote:

lol i feel ya bro, have you purchased anything from there?

lol, no. I have only used the card a couple times--literally not more than three or four, and small purchases.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 43 of 57
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Just a quick note about the CL's.  What I have found is that you need to generate a statement after the CLI or else your new CL will never show up on your reports!!!

I have some increases that are not showing after 4 months because I haven't used the cards yet.  Of course I did the CLI's increase to boost utilization Smiley Very Happy

I got these cards in 2012 when I started rebuilding, and because I rarely use them now, this is one of the penalties (for lack of better words) for getting cards that you don't really need Smiley Embarassed.

So as a reminder to everyone reading this thread, get ONLY the commenity cards, or any card for that matter, that YOU WILL use!  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 44 of 57
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Just a quick note about the CL's.  What I have found is that you need to generate a statement after the CLI or else your new CL will never show up on your reports!!!

I have some increases that are not showing after 4 months because I haven't used the cards yet.  Of course I did the CLI's increase to boost utilization Smiley Very Happy

I got these cards in 2012 when I started rebuilding, and because I rarely use them now, this is one of the penalties (for lack of better words) for getting cards that you don't really need Smiley Embarassed.

So as a reminder to everyone reading this thread, get ONLY the commenity cards, or any card for that matter, that YOU WILL use!  

Oooo good to know this info, thanks Rhaeny.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 45 of 57
jackie0220
New Visitor

what is the cart trick?  I applied for express and received it then applied for someone else and got the 7-10 message.  Please explain...

Message 46 of 57
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

That's EXACTLY how i been going about it on this end. Very Good Point! And Valid!

Message 47 of 57
norhplatter
Established Member

I applied for the Sportman's visa and got a wierd page saying it wasn't able to process or something like that.  That was a couple weeks ago.  Today in the mail I got a letter saying I had been approved for the Visa card and to call if I wanted it and just say 'yes'.  So I did and I did get the Visa card

Message 48 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity doesn't set the store card standards, the store does. They just plug the numbers into their computer and it averages everything out. I will tell you that your chances of being approved by Comenity are far greater than, say Synchrony bank, in my opinion. Also, if you pay them back on time, when you get the cards, you will have a far better chance of being approved for another one of their cards.

Message 49 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.