Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank - Reporting

tag
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

Comenity Bank - Reporting

So I've seen that Comenity Bank isn't one to report unless you have a balance? Is that correct?

Will this Loft and J. Crew Cards (both for $1k each) help or hurt my credit score? I haven't used either yet - I just went on a clothes/handbag spree in the last month so nothing new is needed as of right now. 

I just want to know if they will hurt me or help - if I use them or not. I really just want them for the rewards when I do shop there. 

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank - Reporting

They won't issue a statement if you don't use them, but the accts will appear on your CBR.  The $2K will help with util.  Some CCCs like Chase don't count store cards when reviewing for app.  How much they help you depends on what you're applying for, but they really should hurt you, except the new TLs will take a bite out of your AAoA.

Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

They wont issue a statement or update the CRA unless there is activity for that month, after 6 months an inactive flag could be thrown on them that would remove them from your CR calculations, to be safe use at least once every 6 months so the CRA gets updated. Comenity will also not update the CRAs when you get a CLI if you don't use the card after the CLI.

Message 3 of 9
lanakane
New Contributor

Does anyone out there that watches their report closely know the approximate day each month that Comenity Bank info gets updated to the bureaus?  Actually two dates - the date that the balance is reported, and then the date that it actually hits the credit report? 

TIA!

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 652 EX / 675 EQ / 643 TU
Goal Score: 700

Cap One QuicksilverOne $3000 | FirstTech FCU Visa $2500 | Discover IT $1500 | Amazon.com $700 | JCrew $600 | Ann Taylor $500 | VS $350 | Nordstrom Visa (AU) $15,000 | American Express® Gold

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
stellar
Established Contributor

@lanakane wrote:

Does anyone out there that watches their report closely know the approximate day each month that Comenity Bank info gets updated to the bureaus?  Actually two dates - the date that the balance is reported, and then the date that it actually hits the credit report? 

TIA!

It's not the same date for every Comenity card.   And for me, I have noticed some update more quickly than others.  It's really annoying.  You can send them a private message though to ask them to update.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used my latest transunion annual report to find that in my case:

Commenity:

Closing date: 4/8 (Dated that apers on the report as the last updated)

Updated: 4/11

I did not get a myFico alert on April, on March I got one on 3/18 - so my best guess is that it is takes some time for the update to go through.

Another example I can give you is my Costco Amex, the closing date  is the 15th, the 15th is also the date on the transunion report,  but I get the myFICO alert around the 18th or the 19th of the month. 

Open your Transunion annual report and search for "Date Updated" to find the exact date your balance is reported for each card. 

Message 6 of 9
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

I got an EX update today with my recent CLI on my J Crew card and I haven't used it in over a month. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I got an EX update today with my recent CLI on my J Crew card and I haven't used it in over a month. 

Same here with my VS card.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity finally updated today May 18th on Experian (closing date was May 9th), still waiting for myFICO alert.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.