Regular Contributor
xerostatus

Re: Comenity Bank accounts inactivity

FinStar wrote:

So why did you obtain it knowing you wouldn't use it?  Seems contrary in wisdom for cards to apply that serve a purpose.

At the time, I was aggressively pursuing any and all viable methods to increase my available credit across the board to "pad" my utility.

And considering all it took was a SP to get a new tradeline, I was okay with that.

I would say it essentially did end up paying off, so to speak.

Raising limits across the board (couple CLIs, couple new cards, etc) coupled with my rapid paying down of what revolving debt i had, i was able to continue getting accepted for much better cards thereafter;

I think the underwriters call it, pyramiding debt? or something? *shrug.

Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

I like my J.Crew card. It's even better when its all on sale...lol. That's the only time I'll shop there.

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950
Established Contributor
snowkitty

I have a vs and brylane card with them. I try to use them every 3 months like another poster said and that has worked well for me. I primarily use vs at bbw. Just did that yesterday and sometime this week I will buy something from brylane. I hate to lose points but I like accumulating the history and their free shipping and sales often offsets rewards that my other cards would give.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Contributor
Miscellamy

Comenity closed one of my accounts for inactivity, but it was after several years of non-use. I imagine that you're fine for quite some while. 

(Incidentally, it worked out to my benefit. I'd gotten that card back in my wild, pre-rebuild days when my credit was crap and I knew nothing. AND I racked up an awful 90-day late on the account back in the late aughts (2009, I believe?) By the time they closed me a few months ago, I no longer needed that CL or the age. I immediately sent them a GW asking them to delete the trade line. Which they did. Sayonara, 90-day late!)

Starting Score 563 (1/2013), Current Score 741 (1/2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}