Comenity Bank close all my Visa/MC Accounts

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Bank close all my Visa/MC Accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All

Thanks for the condolences guys Smiley Happy 

I am going to wait for the letters and see what they are talking about.

I will keep you updated

Yes please do. Thanks and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:
It's starting to feel like Freaky Friday around here with these reports of Synchrony and Comenity AA(adverse action). They're tricking instead of treating!

I agree.This is starting to get really weird. I app'd for many cards only after I was approved for a mortgage. I never app'd before because I didn't want to risk not being able to purchase my house. Now people are getting accounts closed due to inquires. Well I'm sitting at 17 across the board mostly from the house. This makes me nervous!

Message 12 of 81
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:
It's starting to feel like Freaky Friday around here with these reports of Synchrony and Comenity AA(adverse action). They're tricking instead of treating!

I agree.This is starting to get really weird. I app'd for many cards only after I was approved for a mortgage. I never app'd before because I didn't want to risk not being able to purchase my house. Now people are getting accounts closed due to inquires. Well I'm sitting at 17 across the board mostly from the house. This makes me nervous!

your more than likely fine. I have double that amount of inquires and no real estate to be used as value. just pay your cards and do what you do. 

Message 13 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope so. Thanks for the encouragement.
Message 14 of 81
redpat
Senior Contributor

Geez, they might be taking a use it or lose it mentality, who knows.

64k exposure with very little use, maybe you are not a money maker for them and consider you deadwood rather than risk.

Sometimes they may reallocate their portfolio and lines.

Good luck what ever happens.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 15 of 81
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@redpat wrote:

Geez, they might be taking a use it or lose it mentality, who knows.

64k exposure with very little use, maybe you are not a money maker for them and consider you deadwood rather than risk.

Sometimes they may reallocate their portfolio and lines.

Good luck what ever happens.

This is definitely a possibility. 

I have a $7k+ credit line with Lowe's, and there's honestly no way I'll ever come close to using that, or even a fraction thereof.  I've made one $60 purchase in the last two years, and while I like having the 'cushion' in my utilization the purpose of providing a credit line is for it to be used, not to provide us with a 'cushion' or (especially) stroke our egos.  (I'm as guilty as the next guy for desiring both.)

In my own case, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if at some point Synchrony simply decides to 'reallocate' part or all of my credit line to customers who will use it.  As lousy as it would be, it wouldn't be completely unexpected.

It very well could be Comenity is thinking along similar lines, but I prefer to hope we're just missing something...   Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just closed Express,JCrew,Buckle tonight. All @$250 and only had for a few months. Realized I need to be realistic that I won't ever use them and need to just keep what I will use. It felt good. Barclay Arrival+ here I come. Got all with the SCT and tried numerous times with no credit increases.

Message 17 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to mention that today I decided to freeze all 3 just in case one talks to another.
Message 18 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow this is interesting. I have had nothing but CLIs from comenity but sychrony has closed two of my accounts called rep said he had no idea i should get letter. I received one letter today it was the same lingo most creditors use expect the only thing and I kinda already knew was high utilization this summer. Sorry to hear about this and I sincerely hope it works out for the best for you.

Message 19 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi... They have no business of how we use the limit they approve us for as long they make their change and we pay the bill on time. If they think I am a high risk then they should not have giving me that much of a limit. So it's ok to go spend 12k at OS but it's not ok to spend it on TW Card. I don't understand the logic. I am still swimming in an open water here till I get them letters Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.