Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank inq sensitive?

tag
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Comenity Bank inq sensitive?

How inq sensitive is this bank? And are they easy to recon? only I don't see a recon number in the backdoor thread. I was wanting to apply for one of their cards but don't want to waste an inq if they are sensitive.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank inq sensitive?

@Happychap wrote:
How inq sensitive is this bank? And are they easy to recon? only I don't see a recon number in the backdoor thread. I was wanting to apply for one of their cards but don't want to waste an inq if they are sensitive.

I can't say for sure, but since the "shopping cart trick" does exist, which allows you to get a CL with no HP, I can only gather that they would not be as inquiry sensitive as other lenders. Maybe that logic is pushing the facts a bit, but that's my take on lt. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

I think there more sensitive to high util, atleast with the Total Rewards Visa for me they were, glad I finally got the popup in Oct before my trip to Vegas

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

they don't seem to be that sensitive to anything Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 9
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Last year I apped for the A&F card twice and both times denied due to inq only. I have a couple accounts with Comneity already and had them for several years in good standing.  I want to app for one of their cards again but not sure how inq sensitive they are in terms on how old your last inq has to be. My last inq was around 3 months ago. Last 12 months I have around 30, but I know like most lenders they only look at your most recent, so trying to figure out how they define recent Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Does anybody know which CRA they normally pull? Thank you.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 6 of 9
diebadcredit6504
Regular Contributor

No I don't think they are inq sensitve. I had over 5 current inquires when they pulled EQ report about two weeks ago. I was approve for $250.00

EX - 522 (Oct 2013) 695 (May 2014)

TU FICO - 580 (Oct 2013) 680 (May 2014)

EQ - 509 - (Oct 2013) 672 (May 2014)
Message 7 of 9
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@OneDay_750 wrote:
Does anybody know which CRA they normally pull? Thank you.

They seem to pull EQ most of the time.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 8 of 9
shark268
Contributor

Not at all, I applied for them after getting 8 new lines within a month, ended up getting 8k sportsmans and 4.5k total rewards cards.

4/2013 first credit ever. Eq Fico 749, discover TU fico 777

NFCU NavChek: 15k // NFCU CashRewards 14k // Sportsman's Guide Visa 9k // CSP 7.5k // CU LOC 7.5k // Amex BCE 6k (1987) // Total Rewards 5.5k // BarclayCard Ring 5k // Amex ED 4.5k (1987) // Commerce Bank 4k // Cap1 VentureOne 3k // JCrew Store: $6.45k // WF Visa 3k // Amazon Store 2.5k // Quicksilver MC $1.5k // Discover IT $1250 // Chase Freedom $1k // PenFed LOC $500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.