Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI - HP Now?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Comenity CLI - HP Now?

I logged into a few of my Comenity accounts today. And after hitting the CLI button, it asks for the usual income, but it also has a box authorizing them to pull a credit report. Is this old news and I missed it?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity CLI - HP Now?

@B335is wrote:
I logged into a few of my Comenity accounts today. And after hitting the CLI button, it asks for the usual income, but it also has a box authorizing them to pull a credit report. Is this old news and I missed it?

It's not brand new. There have been reports of it for awhile on various Comenity cards. They are not exclusively 100% SP anymore.

Message 2 of 19
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Option is not present on my fuel rewards nor total rewards accounts

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 3 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Ok I just looked at JCtew and Marathon cards and it was there for both. It wasn't last week.
Message 4 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

B...its still SP...I hit them all the time and I've those boxes for awhile of some of mine, and I never get HP...
Message 5 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Ok thanks pizza. I just checked a few more and the box is there for all of them.
Message 6 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Its gonna be the new norm now...they will ask you to check the box, saying its ok for them to pull your credit...I always check it, LOL..But...if you're due for one, like this last round of CLI for me, I did it via auto lady. I only had one card crew, that said on the auto lady that they would need to pull my credit...the others didn't say that, and they had that box too onlineSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Ok I just looked at JCtew and Marathon cards and it was there for both. It wasn't last week.
This is odd. I just checked JCrew and there is no checkbox, just a box for income.
Message 8 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

That check box is there on my j crew card. It seems that my comenity CLI's have stopped. Can't get anymore on Overstock, J Crew, Barneys or Pier1 (phone line too) 

Message 9 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:

That check box is there on my j crew card. It seems that my comenity CLI's have stopped. Can't get anymore on Overstock, J Crew, Barneys or Pier1 (phone line too) 

Haven't had one in Jcrew in months probably 3-4 months and use it monthly.. Granted I am at 8850$ on my Jcrew card and that is plenty and I am guessing they think it is plenty as well..  Seems like JCREW well has possibly dried up for some after they hit a certain threshold?  Have had card over a year and been along time since it have got a drop out of a CLI instant denials every time for last 3-4 months.  No checkbox for me, but no love either..  Tomorrow will be my 4 months on my Total Rewards card, better see some love on that tomorrow when I hit the button, we shall see..  All bureaus are on ice to ensure no HP's happen as a CLI on any comenity card just isn't worth it for meSmiley Happy.  It use to seem everyone wanted a piece of my EXP report aka HP's, now appears lenders for me are going more for EQ and it is getting outta control, thus must throttle this and get inquires down on it.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.