Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI-what is going on?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity CLI-what is going on?

Hey everyone,

I don't know what is going on with comenity but about 7-8 months ago comenity stopped giving me cli's citing my bankruptcy which i had years ago even when I applied. Now I know that their cli system changed but I have not seen anyone post to the magnitude that I am seeing on my accounts. I have several accounts and they will not give me anymore increases. Then I go to log on today to some of my accounts and click on cli just to try them out this month and it says you are not eligible for a cli. It would not even let me apply. Has anyone seen this? What is going on? They are getting on my bad side lol. Oh and by the way all of my accounts are in good standing no issues. 

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity CLI-what is going on?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone,

I don't know what is going on with comenity but about 7-8 months ago comenity stopped giving me cli's citing my bankruptcy which i had years ago even when I applied. Now I know that their cli system changed but I have not seen anyone post to the magnitude that I am seeing on my accounts. I have several accounts and they will not give me anymore increases. Then I go to log on today to some of my accounts and click on cli just to try them out this month and it says you are not eligible for a cli. It would not even let me apply. Has anyone seen this? What is going on? They are getting on my bad side lol. Oh and by the way all of my accounts are in good standing no issues. 

Be glad you still have accounts.  There have been reports of CLDs and other AA against people for no reason.  People have gotten HUGE CLIs, and the next day, the accts were closed.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah I have seen several posts with comenity closing accounts. It's crazy

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This could be an indication that they do not want to give you or extend any credit by giving some excuses.... this is just a hint to leave them alone for while.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This could be an indication that they do not want to give you or extend any credit by giving some excuses.... this is just a hint to leave them alone for while.

yeah but I havent received any cli in over 7-8 months on any of my accounts and my credit score has gone up. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably not a good idea to keep balances on the cards, just in case. They may close them soon. You can always be proactive: close them yourself and get rid of the hassle.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably not a good idea to keep balances on the cards, just in case. They may close them soon. You can always be proactive: close them yourself and get rid of the hassle.  Smiley Wink

I only have two or three that have balances. Most are o balances and I can't close them because I am getting a new home in the next 3-4 months and that will mess up my credit score. 

Message 7 of 10
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Have you tried calling and doing the automated phone request? My pier one card wouldn't let me request online but when I went to the phone system my credit line went from somewhere like 1000 all the way to 5350. I just answered the questions. When it asked if I wanted a specific amount I said no and it would give me a $500 increase, then I hung up and did it again and again until they said no.
Message 8 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah but I havent received any cli in over 7-8 months on any of my accounts and my credit score has gone up. 

Comenity has been on a bender of nastiness lately. Follow Mia's advice and do not get in their face.

If you request a CLI and it's granted, they might turn around and shut you down completely for 'aggressively seeking credit'.

Just. Stay. Away.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree. From the recent threads I've read, they seem to be changing things up or something strange. I'd keave it be for the time being. Glad I don't have anything with them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.