Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Capital Bank vs. Comenity Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Capital Bank vs. Comenity Bank

I have Comenity store cards, and a Barney's through Comenity Capital Bank. I've always heard that Comenity Capital has more difficult standards vs. Regular Comenity and would be harder to get in with.

I got the Barney's easily and have been getting high CLI's with it too after a short time. Does anyone know about the Camping World/ Good Sam Visa through Comenity capital an what type of scores they expect if you apply? Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Capital Bank vs. Comenity Bank

also, if you know if the Camping World/ Good Sam Visa gives decent starting  limits and CLI's, please post that also! Thank you

Message 2 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

Pizza would be the expert on this Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pizza? Please help!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't realize this!  Just got an Overstock with the SCT for 16k.  And it's Comenity Capital Bank.  RH, VS, Beall's, etc. are all Comenity Banks.  So I think I can safely say there is no difference.  I've have VS & Beall's for a long, long time.  RH with a 9k SL since Nov.  And with over 12 new accounts & 11 inq's on EX, I still got the Overstock with np.  

Message 5 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Same bank, but different divisions is easiest way to explain it,  but no expert on them. As others stated let  Pizza ring in on this or possible B325 or CA or one of  those folks as they are alot more knowledgeable about  the differences.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard that Comenity Capital is more difficult and is a completely different division.

I can tell you that the Barney's Comenity Capital Customer Service is great and very different from regular Comneity. Have heard Comenity Capital cards are harder to get, but wanted to verify. I'm trying for the VISA possibly (Good Sam/ Caping World) not a store card.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have heard that Comenity Capital is more difficult and is a completely different division.

I can tell you that the Barney's Comenity Capital Customer Service is great and very different from regular Comneity. Have heard Comenity Capital cards are harder to get, but wanted to verify. I'm trying for the VISA possibly (Good Sam/ Caping World) not a store card.

If you want to wait for Pizza, that would be good.  I'm trying to figure out how long before I can app for Barney's.  I think Pizza would know for sure.  She is the expert.  Helped me soooo much already!  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have noticed too on overstock comenity capital bank too.
Message 9 of 17
traveler2005
Established Contributor

I,have the good sams/camping world card. I believe they pulled Experian or equifax 675 - 690. My limit is 2250 11% utilization at the time

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.