FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Card e-mails

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

they all do it...

Roseyk, I have credit history of just under 6 years, and I've never received an e-mail from any other credit card company reminding me of my credit card limit (hey, just reminding you that you have 10k credit limit, please use it) and asking me to use my card. You may have, and that's your experience, but it's not mine. I'm not sure what your attitude is about but I hope you have a really fantastic day! Smiley Happy

I haven't seen these types of communications from all of my lenders, but I've seen them from various store cards.   Sync Bank seems to send out these types of solications on occasion for my Amazon and Wal-Mart accounts.   Comenity probably communicates about as often.   I received a Gold Violin email not long ago and just deleted it right away.  

On further reflection, I recalled received an AMEX email stating "you haven't used your AMEX Offer yet," so even prime lenders will send out these types of solitications on special occasion.  

Right.  And, perhaps for some who are new to receiving some of these marketing offers, they've long existed via emails, mailers, etc.  In my experience, Comenity has been doing this for as long as I can remember for both store and dual cards (including PayPal Credit/BML).  Barclays has sent similar notices, including information they provide along some BT offers.  Likewise, Citi has sent emails depending on targeted promotions (depending on the card).  IIRC, US Bank and BofA have done so but not as frequent like Comenity.

Message 31 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it would be great if they were special offers! I havent' received any from Barclay, Discover, Citi, or BofA, but then again I would only want them if there was a special offer attached.

Capital One does seem to love to send things about Uber, however (ha ha) Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 57
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it would be great if they were special offers! I havent' received any from Barclay, Discover, Citi, or BofA, but then again I would only want them if there was a special offer attached.

Capital One does seem to love to send things about Uber, however (ha ha) Smiley Happy

Sometimes they can be, depending on the lender and your overall profile of course.  From time to time Chase sends targeted email offers to "increase your purchasing power" and offers a SP CLI.  US Bank and BOA tend to offer similar (pre-approved/targeted) solicitations.  Barclays sometimes may offer a CLI in exchange for a BT (not as frequent but they send them) listing your current CL and the potential CLI depending on the BT offer (all SP).

Message 33 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe I'm not worthy. Smiley Happy Barclay has been great about SP CLI when I call in and also helpful about lowering my APR, but only when I call in, they didn't offer it until I asked.

Citi has offers listed when I log in online, but nothing via e-mail.

This is the first one I have received from J Crew, and I've had the card since 2012. Interesting.

Message 34 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

they all do it...

Roseyk, I have credit history of just under 6 years, and I've never received an e-mail from any other credit card company reminding me of my credit card limit (hey, just reminding you that you have 10k credit limit, please use it) and asking me to use my card. You may have, and that's your experience, but it's not mine. I'm not sure what your attitude is about but I hope you have a really fantastic day! Smiley Happy

I haven't seen these types of communications from all of my lenders, but I've seen them from various store cards.   Sync Bank seems to send out these types of solications on occasion for my Amazon and Wal-Mart accounts.   Comenity probably communicates about as often.   I received a Gold Violin email not long ago and just deleted it right away.  

On further reflection, I recalled received an AMEX email stating "you haven't used your AMEX Offer yet," so even prime lenders will send out these types of solitications on special occasion.  

Right.  And, perhaps for some who are new to receiving some of these marketing offers, they've long existed via emails, mailers, etc.  In my experience, Comenity has been doing this for as long as I can remember for both store and dual cards (including PayPal Credit/BML).  Barclays has sent similar notices, including information they provide along some BT offers.  Likewise, Citi has sent emails depending on targeted promotions (depending on the card).  IIRC, US Bank and BofA have done so but not as frequent like Comenity.

You make a great point, "for some who are new to receiving some of these marketing offers, they've long existed, etc".  👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Message 35 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm actually glad not to receive marketing things, Fin. Would just clutter up my inbox the way these Comenity ones have! Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm actually glad not to receive them, Fin. Would just clutter up my inbox the way these Comenity ones have! Smiley Happy

LOL!!!!!!!!

Message 37 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Warning from Comenity BJ's CC?

I got this email today from Comenity Bank. Is this a hint that I have too much credit with them? I use it and PIF it every month. Would hate to have a FR.

Ready to use for all your everyday purchases
Dear Scott,

Did you know you have $9000* available to spend on your My BJ's Perks™ MasterCard?

Take your My BJ's Perks™ MasterCard everywhere you go. You can use it everywhere MasterCard is accepted. Your card is the simple and secure way to pay for everything from bills to everyday purchases.

Manage your account online with Account Center – it's safe, convenient, and easy to use.

Sincerely,
Customer Care team
©2015 Comenity LLC
Comenity Capital Bank issues your My BJ's Perks™ MasterCard account.
Message 38 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Warning from Comenity BJ's CC?

@Anonymous wrote:

I got this email today from Comenity Bank. Is this a hint that I have too much credit with them? I use it and PIF it every month. Would hate to have a FR.

Ready to use for all your everyday purchases
Dear Scott,

Did you know you have $9000* available to spend on your My BJ's Perks™ MasterCard?

Take your My BJ's Perks™ MasterCard everywhere you go. You can use it everywhere MasterCard is accepted. Your card is the simple and secure way to pay for everything from bills to everyday purchases.

Manage your account online with Account Center – it's safe, convenient, and easy to use.

Sincerely,
Customer Care team
©2015 Comenity LLC
Comenity Capital Bank issues your My BJ's Perks™ MasterCard account.

no, it's not a warning,  See thread at bottom of page about Comenity emails.  Various lenders send these types of emails/mailers all the time.  Nothing unusual and nothing to worry about  And why in the world would you ever get the notion of an FR from that email?  It's a friendly reminder of your credit line 

Message 39 of 57
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Warning from Comenity BJ's CC?

You're being paranoid. Its not an FR. They just want to see usage like any lender. Dont worry about it or give it another thought.
Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.