Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Cards Inching Up

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Comenity Cards Inching Up

Earlly on when I first joined the forum, I got a little carried away and opened 3 Comentiy cards: VS, Loft and J. Crew (in that order).  I don't really use them that much - highest charge approx $60.  I received several CLI  on J. Crew through the request button, but the others stayed stuck at $500 and $800. 

Received an email last month from Loft notifying of a $200 CLI to $700.  I periodically check all my accounts for unauthorized activity.  VS is now at $1050, a $250 CLI. Never received notice on that one.  

I was starting to think I would never get the much mentioned auto CLI from Comenity, which would be understandable because of the low usage.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity Cards Inching Up

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Earlly on when I first joined the forum, I got a little carried away and opened 3 Comentiy cards: VS, Loft and J. Crew (in that order).  I don't really use them that much - highest charge approx $60.  I received several CLI  on J. Crew through the request button, but the others stayed stuck at $500 and $800. 

Received an email last month from Loft notifying of a $200 CLI to $700.  I periodically check all my accounts for unauthorized activity.  VS is now at $1050, a $250 CLI. Never received notice on that one.  

I was starting to think I would never get the much mentioned auto CLI from Comenity, which would be understandable because of the low usage.

you can get auto-CLI's but its much faster to get CLI's via the luv-button. every 3-4 months after the card is 9 months old. Yes it will give them CLI's without use, but the counter is they won't update your reports untill you make a purchase, you don't have to cary a balance, just make a small perchase and pay it off if you want your report to update your CL. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 3
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity Cards Inching Up

@jamesdwi wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

you can get auto-CLI's but its much faster to get CLI's via the luv-button. every 3-4 months after the card is 9 months old. Yes it will give them CLI's without use, but the counter is they won't update your reports untill you make a purchase, you don't have to cary a balance, just make a small perchase and pay it off if you want your report to update your CL. 

The luv button woked for J. Crew (before I had used it) but didn't have success with VS and Loft.  It wasn't a big deal since I don't put that much on them.  I would just like all my cards at 4 figures or above.  Now, all I need is Loft to hit $1K or more to round out the group.  It's not a big deal just my own silly little desire.  My main card is Arrival followed by Dsicover.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.