Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Cards Show Available Credit

tag
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Comenity Cards Show Available Credit

Please excuse me if there is a post somewhere on this but is anyone else noticing that on old closed out Comenity cards there is now avaiable credit?  The balance is still zero but where it was once showing zero credit available, there is now a credit amount.  Is this new?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity Cards Show Available Credit

others have mentioned this. i have a lot of closed comenity cards, both store and major's, even though they are really closed they are showing an available credit line, its not really available though. 

Message 2 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@ccpat wrote:

Please excuse me if there is a post somewhere on this but is anyone else noticing that on old closed out Comenity cards there is now avaiable credit?  The balance is still zero but where it was once showing zero credit available, there is now a credit amount.  Is this new?

It's not new and it's a known glitch. The cards are definitely still closed and the credit isn't available. Why the website doesn't reflect that, who knows.

Message 3 of 6
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

OK....Thanks.  Just making sure I have nothing to worry about.

Message 4 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

FYI this isnt limited to Comenity Smiley Happy

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've closed several Comenity cards and my Overstock is the only one that still shows available credit, but I know it's closed. Weird glitch, but if it's closed on your reports then there isn't much to worry about.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.