Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Cards

I was promted today to update my annual income on my New York company card.
My income is $72,500.00
It will not take it like this. It keeps saying enter as a numeric value.
So I tried 72,500 and it wont take a comma it dissapears.
I tried 72500.00 and it says no use numeric.
So would nemeric only be 72500 with no comma or decmil with two zeros after it? 
It took it that way but I want to make sure it is in there correctly.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Cards

If the system accepted the input as just plain "72500", I'd say you did it correctly that way. I can't speak to Comenity itself, not having (currently) any cards with them, but these systems, not just income input, can be pretty finicky about how you should input the requested values, text or other data. A lot of times, for example, they won't take certain punctuation characters which can be irksome if you regularly use those in your writing! Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

ThanksSmiley Happy I dont know why I like to make things harder than they are ..lol I get stuck on it needing that comma and decmil and obsess over it..lol

Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If the system accepted the input as just plain "72500", I'd say you did it correctly that way. I can't speak to Comenity itself, not having (currently) any cards with them, but these systems, not just income input, can be pretty finicky about how you should input the requested values, text or other data. A lot of times, for example, they won't take certain punctuation characters which can be irksome if you regularly use those in your writing! Smiley LOL

Oh how right you are. Yesterday, I sent Macy's a SM and it kept rejecting it stating that there was an unacceptable character. So I made sure "&"  was typed "and" and it still rejected it. I looked over my <10-word SM and just couldn't figure out what character was unacceptable. Then, a light bulb went off. Well lo and behold, the apostrophe in Macy's was the culprit. Ridiculous, that's how Macy's spell its own darn name. Smiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.