Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Closing Spree!

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity Closing Spree!

B, I forgot for a second your strategy with comenity and tracking but now I remember it all! Right after your sct spree and for me obtaining 7 major credit comenity cards, all this talk of AA with happened. Sad they messed with us! But also good to trim on those cards. Though approval were fun though! Haha Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 44
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on cleaning of cards.  I am reviewing my list of Comenity cards now.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 12 of 44
Pway
Valued Contributor

CLOSED SOME COMENITY CARDS

Call me crazy but I have decided to close some Comenity store cards.  I hardly ever use them and forcing myself to use them tells me I do not need the cards.  Eventhough they are randomly closing cards without notice.

I have closed the following:

Carsons

Victoria Secret

Eddie Bauer

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 13 of 44
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: CLOSED SOME COMENITY CARDS

I've been thinking of chopping my Old Navy card, I hardly ever shop there, I go in there whenever im in the mall to buy a $1.30 can of small soda to keep it active lol.. Good for you though!!

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 14 of 44
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

YAY!!! Its a Comenity party!!! I love it!! Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Well I started proactively trimming the Comenity list today.  These were basically toy limits to stores I'll never use, so far I've closed:

Bedford Fair

Blair

Linen Source

Marisota

Roamans

Woman Within

Winter Silks

Good for you with the way Comenity is going.  But a genuine question for you.  If you weren't going to never use them to begin with, why apply for them?

I think  that question could be put to many of us here. That's what happens during a 'spreeeee!'  Lots of people have a strategic plan when apping and lots do not. We always 'think' we'll use the card. I also plan on some credit card downsizing in 2016.

Message 16 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed my Overstock card on the way home from work last night.  I called their customer service line and didn't even have to talk to anyone, which surprised me.  I maybe used it two or three times in a year.  Getting a CLI at first was easy and automatic.  Toward the end it was like pulling teeth, which could be related to the infrequency that I used it lol.

Oh well,

Oz

Message 17 of 44
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Well I started proactively trimming the Comenity list today.  These were basically toy limits to stores I'll never use, so far I've closed:

Bedford Fair

Blair

Linen Source

Marisota

Roamans

Woman Within

Winter Silks

Good for you with the way Comenity is going.  But a genuine question for you.  If you weren't going to never use them to begin with, why apply for them?

I had originally planned to track these accounts for CLI schedules and report to the Community but since that was how Comenity operated for so long. Since things have changed, that original plan is shelved. 

I only have 3 of their Visa cards and the business BJ's World mastercard,I was going to try for the fuel network rewards mastercard,But Im think I will hold off now after reading all the Comenity stuff

Message 18 of 44
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@sandman2435 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Bedford Fair

Blair

Linen Source

Marisota

Roamans

Woman Within

Winter Silks

I had originally planned to track these accounts for CLI schedules and report to the Community but since that was how Comenity operated for so long. Since things have changed, that original plan is shelved. 

I only have 3 of their Visa cards and the business BJ's World mastercard,I was going to try for the fuel network rewards mastercard,But Im think I will hold off now after reading all the Comenity stuff

I think several people are holding off.  I have about 6 accounts with them (some from eons ago) and only a few are over a year old.  Suddenly my appetite for the Orbitz Visa isn't so tantalizing.  I guess we'll see how all this pans out Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 44
ddemari
Super Contributor

FinStar, if comenity messes with your cards then they are straight up bigger fools then they already are lol.
Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.