Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Credit Card List

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Comenity Credit Card List

There has been some talk recently about Comenity Credit Cards, which used to be WFNNB, so I made a bit of a list, maybe we can update it with any missing ones or ones which have been dropped.  I was amazed at the number of them!

LISTING

Bealls of Florida

Bealls Outlet (Same company, different card.  You can use the Bealls of Floridia at the Bealls outlet, but not vice versa. That was Bealls doing not them.)

Marathon Gas

Marathon Gas Visa

Victoria's Secret

NY and Co.

Brylane Homes

Abercrombie

Sportsman's Guide Visa

My Points Visa

J. Crew

Express

The Limited

HSN card

J. Crew

Buckle

One Stop Plus

Catherines

West Elm

Crate & Barrell

Bon Ton

Avenue

Justice

Dressbarn

Restorations Hardware

Burkes

Maurice's

Pottery Barn

Christopher and Banks

Eddie Bauer

Z Gallerie

Reeds Jewelers

Petland

Metrostyle

Chadwicks

Roamans

Arhaus Archage

OPT/Arizona Mail Order

Torrid

J. Jill

King Size

Goodies

Peebles

Ashley Stewart

Davids Bridal

Stage

Blaire

Lane Bryant

Giant Eagle

Bedford Fair

Value City

Fashion Bug

American Signature

Haband

Speigel

Ann Taylor

Gander Mountain

Samueal Diamond

Undergear

American

Women Within

Trek

Pier 1

Pacific Sunwear

Palais Royal

Gardner White

Orchard Supply Hardware

Sports Authority

Gordmans

Smile Generation Financial

The Room Place

Love Loft

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Comenity Credit Card List

NICE First of all and Thank You.

Now which ones have option for Visa? EDIT.... sorry not sure why I didn't see you listed Visa on them already... sorry again!.

Message 2 of 71
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 71
chnceit
Valued Contributor

WOW thats an impressive list of stores they back. What are the typical scores and CRA they pull? Are they generous like GE in CLI's?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 71
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

WOW thats an impressive list of stores they back. What are the typical scores and CRA they pull? Are they generous like GE in CLI's?

I think they pull Experian.  They didn't do a hard pull for my Visa.  They are small but steady.  My Marathon card started as a $150 limit and is just over a year has reached $900.  I tried yesterday for another CLI, but no go.  Oddly, Walmart went to $1700 from a $1000 and I think I have had the account 7months.  So GE seems to be a little more generous if you maintain your account well with them.  Heck I have a Belks with GE I have never used and they increased my limit from $300 to $800 when I asked at the third month.

Oh, and yeah that is a pretty big list and I do suspect that I missed a few.

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 5 of 71
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info and I do hope they will follow in GE's footsteps because GE is coming really popular and known

Message 6 of 71
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

Thanks for the info and I do hope they will follow in GE's footsteps because GE is coming really popular and known

Oh yes they are!  I am not sure if it is the best business sense or not!?!  It seems like they might be opening themselves up to losses, but I am sure they must have some risk management model going on.  Maybe they are giving higher limits to those who have truly proven themselves and less to the more riskier people.  I mean I could go hog wild with all the credit I have!  (I am not going to, but just saying!)  I just wish GE were better about interest rates.  They are definitely geared to the people at the lower end and to those who don't carry balances.  I imagine this is part of their risk model!  I wouldn't mind doing a study on it one day if I have free time. 

I think Comenity is nice for the fact that they don't really do hard pulls often, even for some new accounts.  Once they have you as a customer it becomes less of a need for a hard pull as a soft pull can pretty much give the same information coupled with how you have handled your other accounts with them. 

I remember in the 90's many gas stations were doing promotions that if you had another gas card or credit card you could get an account with them.  While you weren't always approved there were many that went by the fact that if you already had a card, then you must be OK.  This was obviuosly more riskier than what Comenity is doing.  I think Comenity uses another service which better analyzes you credit.  I keep seeing the companies name on my credit report for soft pulls on occassion but I have not ever actually thought about who was doing it, maybe it is Comenity or GE.  Actually it is two; Credco and True Credit; both of which say afterward My Credit Health. 

Message 7 of 71
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I agree with you on the interest rate, but its norm for store cards to have really high interst rates. I like the financing options for Amazon which is the only GE card I have

Message 8 of 71
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They don't tend to be quite like GE with CLI starting at 2-4 months and then now with direct contact for manual review you most likely will not see a West Elm Card go from $1500 to $8,000.  The one thing is they have max limits for different stores and I'm not sure if you could get a rep that knows and that could tell you based on the card you have but I know as of about 2 years ago, Express ceiling was $2,760.00

However I have seen $4k+ on Poterry Barn, West Elm, Z Gallerie.

They also seem really slow on the first CLI which people gets fustrated or think it's a waste especially starting at under $200 but then they seem to be VERY good with auto CLI at least on Express, I saw mine go from $150 to $1600 over about a 2 year period and never requested any and also stayed right around the limit during the entire time... I mean that doesn't mean I was paying $25 minimum and they gave me $500 CLI, it was I shopped a lot and made bigger payments but never paid off and always ended month right around or just over limit.

Message 9 of 71
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

I would agree - they're pretty easy to deal with and they gave me a lane bryant card when no one else would touch me. My score was at about 575 back then and it has increased from a $250 limit to $800 in a little over a year. Not that fantastic but when you're untouchable, it's huge. I have their NY & CO, Bealls, Ashley Stewart and LB. All have seen some sort of increase over the past year. I just applied for their HSN Mastercard and got the 7-10 day message. Tried to recon but I can't find a good # to get to the backdoor. I'm hoping they just need to do a little more digging because I keep all of their cards (and my others) in great standing so I'm thinking it shouldn't be an issue. We'll see.......

12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 10 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.