Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Credit Cards Updating

tag
dheather00
Valued Member

Comenity Credit Cards Updating

Hello,

I had a question that I was hoping someone could assist with.  I recently paid off my Loft credit card, and today I got a score watch for my Victoria Secret card updating but not my Loft Credit Card that now has a zero balance.  Normally they update on the same day, any advice on what to do?  Or do I have any options?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity Credit Cards Updating

Mine updated within hours of eachother, same day.  UNLESS...  there is no balance.  My j Crew hasn't reported for the last 3 months even though I've gotten a CLI each month.  I finally bought something so it will report my increase.  I wonder if your didn't because even though there was a transaction, it has no balance now.  

Sometimes if you call and makle some sort of change within your account (address, phone #, AU, etc) they will report right away.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 2 of 4
dheather00
Valued Member

Any idea if they just don't update when it's a zero balance?  Am I correct that if they don't update it's assumed that the balance is the same as the previous month?  I was hoping I would see a score incease for paying my card off.  Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 4
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@dheather00 wrote:

Any idea if they just don't update when it's a zero balance?  Am I correct that if they don't update it's assumed that the balance is the same as the previous month?  I was hoping I would see a score incease for paying my card off.  Thanks for the help!

Usually what happens is when there's been a zero balance all cycle, it won't generate a statement at all. If you had a balance one month and paid it to zero during the next month, the statement would generate as usual with a zero balance, showing the activity during the month.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.