Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Emv cards?

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Comenity Emv cards?

What Comenity Bank Credit Cards have EMV chips in them? I want to start a relationship with Comenity, But I only will have EMV cards in my wallet.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity Emv cards?

Meijer mastercard has a chip in it. Virgin america visa's also have chip.
Message 2 of 11
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Meijer mastercard has a chip in it. Virgin america visa's also have chip.

My Virgin America doesn't. Is this a brand new feature they've implemented (mine was issued March)?

Message 3 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Idk on the website it shows a chip
Message 4 of 11
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

I think that's the Virgin Atlantic that has the emv chip.  I only wish the Virgin America did.

Message 5 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

What Comenity Bank Credit Cards have EMV chips in them? I want to start a relationship with Comenity, But I only will have EMV cards in my wallet.

Eventually, even if they aren't chipped now, they will be chipped soon enough with the liability shift....so rulling them out because of no chip at this present moment is kinda silly IMO.

If you just wait, they'll be chipped and you can indeed start the relationship you want, instead of going for cards JUST because they're EMV!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does a Lane Bryant card really need an EMV?

Message 7 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

Message 8 of 11
rb404

"Eventually, even if they aren't chipped now, they will be chipped soon enough with the liability shift....so rulling them out because of no chip at this present moment is kinda silly IMO.

If you just wait, they'll be chipped and you can indeed start the relationship you want, instead of going for cards JUST because they're EMV"!

Exactly!

EQ-673 TU-739 EX-748 1.5 year of rebuild so far & a lifetime of wisdom.
Message 9 of 11
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

The site for Comenity's BJ's Mastercard shows a chip but the CSR noted it is not available yet - go figure.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.