Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Express CLI - SP or HP?

tag
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

Re: Comenity Express CLI - SP or HP?

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

If you haven't tried a sp since 2010 it's worth the try now if your utilization is not high or you haven't added anything negative to your account since it's been open.  You should be good.

Last month my CRs had a 36% UTIL (high). Next week it will read about 15%. So I'm assuming 5 weeks from now, Comenity's SP will read the 15% UTIL and not the 36% UTIL. Other than that I have a very thick/good/clean profile.

In that case I have a better chance of a higher CL if hitting the luv button in 5 weeks, yeah?

Message 11 of 18
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

They give out very small limits so I truly doesn't think it will matter....JMHO.

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 12 of 18
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

They give out very small limits so I truly doesn't think it will matter....JMHO.

thanks. I will think about it...

Message 13 of 18
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Always a soft pull with Comenity for CLIs.  I hit it all the time, and get several rejection letters usually due to my recent increase.  JCrew is the most generious giving CLIs than any other Comenity cards I have.  So try it!

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 14 of 18
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

I pushed the button. Went from $900 to $1200. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
tryme
Regular Contributor

I purchased a smartphone off HSN.com in January 2014. I got the "do you want to apply for the HSN store cc" message. I don't remember if it was a preapproval or not. I weighed the pros & cons of applying for the store cc or the MC. I should have applied for the MC because I haven't used my store cc since. This was my 1 and only purchase from HSN. Anyway, I got approved for $1,500, which was surprising. Come to find out, it was HP on EQ. It also showed up on my CK. So....just be careful about the Comenity SP & HP. Looking back, I assume the message that popped up on my screen was not a preapproval. Hence, the HP on my EQ report. By the way, I returned the smartphone, so I feel the HP was somewhat of a waste. The $1,500 bump on credit availability is a plus though. I hope this helps someone....

Message 16 of 18
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

Soft pull for me....I've gotten a CLI twice over the last 6 months!!!  GL

Very nice~ how long have you had the card and were they small bumps?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 17 of 18
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@Lin55 wrote:

I pushed the button. Went from $900 to $1200. Smiley Happy

Data point - it was a SP.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.