Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Express CLI - SP or HP?

tag
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

Comenity Express CLI - SP or HP?

Is the LUV button on Express' website a SP or HP? 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity Express CLI - SP or HP?

Always been a SP for me from past 2 years.

Message 2 of 18
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

I haven't hit the button since 2010 since I was first approved for the card. Hopefully it better be SP!

Message 3 of 18
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

It will be a SP... Do it Smiley Happy

They do give fairly small increases

Message 4 of 18
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Comenity is always (usually) a SP. Typically give $3-400 increases every three months after the first nine months of membership

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 5 of 18
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Should I wait till next week? My CRs will look great next week since i've had several huge other CLIs that hasn't hit my CRs yet until next week. 

Or it doesn't matter since I have no idea when Comenity last SP'd me?

ETA: i'm looking at my CRs and it looks like Comenity hasn't reported to the CRs since 12/21/13. Not sure if this makes a difference for what I want to do?

Message 6 of 18
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I have found upon hitting that luv button with Comenity that the rejection letters or SP's are not recent -- they tend to use the month before.  Also, their stated scores are much lower than  where I am currently.

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 7 of 18
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Soft pull for me....I've gotten a CLI twice over the last 6 months!!!  GL

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 8 of 18
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

I have found upon hitting that luv button with Comenity that the rejection letters or SP's are not recent -- they tend to use the month before.  Also, their stated scores are much lower than  where I am currently.

I'm guessing all SP's are behind at least a month. When I tried Citi's SP CLI the rejection letter said they read a report that was 2 months old! Had I known I wouldn't have hit the luv button. 

I will wait for the Comenity luv button then.

Message 9 of 18
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

If you haven't tried a sp since 2010 it's worth the try now if your utilization is not high or you haven't added anything negative to your account since it's been open.  You should be good.

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.