Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity/Express.. want to start using card again

tag
skakid812
Established Member

Comenity/Express.. want to start using card again

I have a Express card that I let fall behind when I was silly.  I paid off the full balance three months ago and its still reporting and open.  It has a 0.00 credit limit.  When I initially paid off balance I called and they said they will automatically review account in a few months to make sure its being used ok and they might reinstate credit limit.  I also called yesterday to see if I can get it done and they asked for income but denieid it.  Is there a backdoor number/email I can contact to try and get my credit limit back?  I want to use the card and have good history but its just sitting there.  Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Rikku
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity/Express.. want to start using card again

I don't understand. The card has a credit limit of zero and they will not raise it, but they want to review your use of the card for three months before they will consider raising the credit limit? How are you supposed to use it if the credit limit is zero? I would call again and explain that you cannot use a card that has no credit limit because you would be maxed out and over the limit on that card even for the smallest purchase. Huh?

Message 2 of 4
skakid812
Established Member

Well since I fell behind on it they cut my credit limit to 0.00, so even though its all paid off in full they said they wait and re-evaluate the account or something along those lines.  I agree it makes no sense, maybe they are going to hard pull again to see if my credit is back up?  I cant seem to find a underwriter contact or EO.

Edit: called another number from a different poster was connected right away to someone with Comenity, explained the situation and she did the automatic increase thing again and it was denied.  I asked if there was anything she could do or if anyone else could help me and she put me on hold for a few minutes.  She verified some more information and came back saying it was denied.  So it looks like they keep doing the auto limit system thing.  I asked if I could speak to underwriters and she put me on hold again and once again said there is nothing she could do to help.  Said the account needs to keep aging with no negatives even though its paid off in full.  I also asked if shes doing a hard pull every time I've been calling and she couldnt really answer. 

Message 3 of 4
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@skakid812 wrote:

I have a Express card that I let fall behind when I was silly.  I paid off the full balance three months ago and its still reporting and open.  It has a 0.00 credit limit.  When I initially paid off balance I called and they said they will automatically review account in a few months to make sure its being used ok and they might reinstate credit limit.  I also called yesterday to see if I can get it done and they asked for income but denieid it.  Is there a backdoor number/email I can contact to try and get my credit limit back?  I want to use the card and have good history but its just sitting there.  Thanks. 

Well, if no payment is due and you make no payment, that's an on-time payment.  I'd say either close the account or just SD for 6 months and see if they re-instate the limit then.  AFAIK, FICO doesn't score an account differently if you close or if they close, but some members suggest that you closing it may look better on some manual reviews.  To me, it seems like they just want you to SD it for now. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.