Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Fuel Rewards Mastercard 2016

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Comenity Fuel Rewards Mastercard 2016

Hi everyone. I have the fuel rewards network mastercard from comenity. it was my first card with them and i've had it for about 6 months with a limit of $2,500. does anyone know if comenity or for this card specifically gives out auto credit limit increases? or do they seem to be more "upon request" kind of folks? 

i did just get the lexus visa and the matched the SL on the FRN so now i have 2 commenity cards at $2,500. i wouldnt be upset though if they'd allow me to close one and increase the other to $5k -- anyone know if they do that kind of stuff? I think i've heard of synchrony being able to do that for some, but not much on comenity. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity Fuel Rewards Mastercard 2016

You could probably get an increase with out closing. but they don't reallocate limits

Bk Chp. 7 Discharged 04/13/2018
Date of filing: 01/11/2018
Message 2 of 5
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks. I was leaning towards they do not reallocate, but had hope lol i may give it a few months and see what it does

@itsmejonathan wrote:

You could probably get an increase with out closing. but they don't reallocate limits

Message 3 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Not sure of the cycle on the fuel rewards card by comenity, but guessing you can request one after the 7th statement or 9th statement.  They typically will not give you auto CLI's or known to do it, but you can request it by the WEBSITE and it most likely will be a SP.. I would try after your 7th statement cuts and pretty sure you will get a bump.. Hope this helps.  I have the Virgin America Visa from them and my 7th statement just cut and requested a CLI and get 2500 by SP.

Others that have this particular card might be able to chime in better on the schedule for CLI's for this card as all comenity cards are on different schedules and if you meet x days for that card 95%+ chance you will get one.  

Message 4 of 5
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Not sure of the cycle on the fuel rewards card by comenity, but guessing you can request one after the 7th statement or 9th statement.  They typically will not give you auto CLI's or known to do it, but you can request it by the WEBSITE and it most likely will be a SP.. I would try after your 7th statement cuts and pretty sure you will get a bump.. Hope this helps.  I have the Virgin America Visa from them and my 7th statement just cut and requested a CLI and get 2500 by SP.

Others that have this particular card might be able to chime in better on the schedule for CLI's for this card as all comenity cards are on different schedules and if you meet x days for that card 95%+ chance you will get one.  

good to know! i'm not too familiar with comenity and challenging to find much about their practices online since their so specific. they dont appear to be outright clampish, but just heard overwhelming successes from them either. i'm going to take your adivse though and wait until 8-ish months...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.