Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity... I'm in it today!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Comenity... I'm in it today!

I could not get a hold of anyone for 3 days in the recon line and have left 2 messages regarding another app so finally just called the number for Overstock.com since i just applied for that too Smiley Tongue and finally after 10 minutes of not giving up and trying to explain to this lady that works at comenity bank how comenity bank works and what happens to many of my applications with them and the "account Protection" department (fraud department, and security department got me quick responses of "WE DONT HAVE ANY DEPARTMENTS LIKE THAT"

she finally said let me call over to another "division" and see if they can help with the application...

nope she comes back and says "FRAUD DEPARTMENT" she apologized and said she learned something new from me today and is transfering me... I DIE!!!

she actually thanked me for teaching her something new... I said well I thank you for letting me keep saying no and pushing for you to transfer me to a place you didn't know existed!"

okay so now in the fraud department: (he called himself account protection when he answered)

Overstock.com = to new in the system he didn't even need to ask me security he said it was still processing to send card or letter (i think that's declined because it was EX pull, they are always declines for me with comenity!)

Smile Generation = he couldn't even find an app

ugh I thought I was going to skate right through for the first time ever with Comenity and answer some questions and get approvals and fail... sigh

I need to stay away from comenity for a bit Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity... I'm in it today!

you are on a roll!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 14
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

Overstock is Comenity?

Message 3 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@alinoapa wrote:

Overstock is Comenity?

overstock store is comenity now and they have the mc by fnbo

Message 4 of 14
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@alinoapa wrote:

Overstock is Comenity?

overstock store is comenity now and they have the mc by fnbo

gotcha!Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 14
CardHunter
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I could not get a hold of anyone for 3 days in the recon line and have left 2 messages regarding another app so finally just called the number for Overstock.com since i just applied for that too Smiley Tongue and finally after 10 minutes of not giving up and trying to explain to this lady that works at comenity bank how comenity bank works and what happens to many of my applications with them and the "account Protection" department (fraud department, and security department got me quick responses of "WE DONT HAVE ANY DEPARTMENTS LIKE THAT"

she finally said let me call over to another "division" and see if they can help with the application...

nope she comes back and says "FRAUD DEPARTMENT" she apologized and said she learned something new from me today and is transfering me... I DIE!!!

she actually thanked me for teaching her something new... I said well I thank you for letting me keep saying no and pushing for you to transfer me to a place you didn't know existed!"

okay so now in the fraud department: (he called himself account protection when he answered)

Overstock.com = to new in the system he didn't even need to ask me security he said it was still processing to send card or letter (i think that's declined because it was EX pull, they are always declines for me with comenity!)

Smile Generation = he couldn't even find an app

ugh I thought I was going to skate right through for the first time ever with Comenity and answer some questions and get approvals and fail... sigh

I need to stay away from comenity for a bit Smiley Tongue

Hang in there CA you know how crazy Comenity is (Motorola/Pier One) anything can happen with these guys so you just might get it. Interesting Comenity pulled Ex. hrmm. 

Message 6 of 14
TraumaMomm2
Valued Member

OMG, I didn't even know about this card!! So, after reading your post, I went and applied-- APPROVED: $2500 !!! WOOHOO!

(tried to increase the credit limit--- nope. It's ok, I'm happy with that! LOL)

Message 7 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TraumaMomm2 wrote:

OMG, I didn't even know about this card!! So, after reading your post, I went and applied-- APPROVED: $2500 !!! WOOHOO!

(tried to increase the credit limit--- nope. It's ok, I'm happy with that! LOL)

now im sad... I want it!!!

Message 8 of 14
TraumaMomm2
Valued Member

I suppose I should clarify-- I apped for the Smile Generations card Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TraumaMomm2 wrote:

I suppose I should clarify-- I apped for the Smile Generations card Smiley Happy

Well I want that too but don't NEED it like I NEED an Overstock.com card Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.