Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Late Payment!

tag
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Comenity Late Payment!

Ugggggg!

It isn't clear exactly WTH happened but, my Sportsmans Guide acct went wacky it appears. I rarely use this card but, a few months ago I got an email 0% offer on BTs so I used it for about a grand, set up autopay to pay it monthly up to the end date. I wasn't exactly sure when it ended so I added a couple extra payments. In May/June just when I was ready to close the account, they doubled my CL to $4K.

I don't often check this account but, I checked it on 7/2 and it shows I have a payment due 6/28, HUH? PLUS there's a red warning that my email address isn't valid? I start searching and autopay is blank AND the email address they show IS valid, WTH?

What is going on? I've received emails in the past, I have no spam filter. I sent a sent a secure inquiry with my home number and made a payment.

NOW, I'm concerned they'll report a late payment to the CRBs!

There is definitely something wrong with their online system.

Any experience with this type of issue, advice or suggestions much appreciated. If they report this late, I'm definitely closing this and the FRN card!

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Late Payment!

If it was due on 6/28 it wouldn'trreport unless 30 days late, you might pay a bank late fee though, happened to my Express account where I paid a day after due date, $25 fee
Message 2 of 6
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

HELL, I'll dispute ANY additional fees! I have emails I can send back showing they had no trouble in the past.

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

HELL, I'll dispute ANY additional fees! I have emails I can send back showing they had no trouble in the past.

I wish you would give me a tutorial some day on how you went from 1,100 CL to 170,00 CL in 7 mos.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Have you talked to them? They might waive the late fee as a one time courtesy. Even with auto pay set up, I just never trust the credit card companies to process it. Same thing happened with me on a US Bank Business card, which unfortunately reports late at 15 days!! I've been flooding them with goodwill letters and haven't received any response. They did reverse the late charges, but gave me penalty APR 28.9% Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Have you talked to them? They might waive the late fee as a one time courtesy. Even with auto pay set up, I just never trust the credit card companies to process it. Same thing happened with me on a US Bank Business card, which unfortunately reports late at 15 days!! I've been flooding them with goodwill letters and haven't received any response. They did reverse the late charges, but gave me penalty APR 28.9% Smiley Sad

+1. It's frustrating. That's the reason I can never completely trust auto pay to any lender. I pay at least minimum when statement cuts. Then have auto pay set to pay again. If it misses. I already paid. They may just waive it. Call ask nicely. And no reporting to cra.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.