Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity -- Orbitz Rewards Visa

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Comenity -- Orbitz Rewards Visa

I got this card in May 2014 through a pre-approved pop up.   The APR (24.99%) is rather HIGH, so it's not a card to carry a balance on or any Comenity bankcard for that matter.   I haven't used the card since July and because of that it hasn't reported or updated in the last 4 months.   Just this month, I let 20 bucks cut on it, so it would update the credit reports.  After the statement cut, I signed in to pay it off and noticed they were offering an

Orbitz Promotional Balance Transfer Offer Information
Interest and Fee Information
Promotional Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Balance Transfer 0% (Promotional APR through January 2016)
After January 2016, you will be charged the APR for Balance Transfers, currently 15.99%. This rate may vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

It's still the standard 3% transfer fee, but one doesn't usually think of "Comenity"  when they want to BT.   I was just shocked and suprised at their offer including the after rate of 15.99, considering the current APR is 24.99.

OH COMENITY  ---- YOU SUPRISE MESmiley Wink

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity -- Orbitz Rewards Visa

@fedxboy wrote:

I got this card in May 2014 through a pre-approved pop up.   The APR (24.99%) is rather HIGH, so it's not a card to carry a balance on or any Comenity bankcard for that matter.   I haven't used the card since July and because of that it hasn't reported or updated in the last 4 months.   Just this month, I let 20 bucks cut on it, so it would update the credit reports.  After the statement cut, I signed in to pay it off and noticed they were offering an

Orbitz Promotional Balance Transfer Offer Information
Interest and Fee Information
Promotional Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Balance Transfer 0% (Promotional APR through January 2016)
After January 2016, you will be charged the APR for Balance Transfers, currently 15.99%. This rate may vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

It's still the standard 3% transfer fee, but one doesn't usually think of "Comenity"  when they want to BT.   I was just shocked and suprised at their offer including the after rate of 15.99, considering the current APR is 24.99.

OH COMENITY  ---- YOU SUPRISE MESmiley Wink

I would call and see if the APR can be lowered, I got it lowered on my sportsmans guide card from 24.99 to 15.9 after 6 months.

Message 2 of 8
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

I got this card in May 2014 through a pre-approved pop up.   The APR (24.99%) is rather HIGH, so it's not a card to carry a balance on or any Comenity bankcard

I would call and see if the APR can be lowered, I got it lowered on my sportsmans guide card from 24.99 to 15.9 after 6 months.

Good Idea!!  I never would of thought to ask them for an APR reduction.  Coincidentally, it is 6 months for this card, so what they're offering could very well be similiar to what you received or be willing to come down to.  Hey, thanks!!!     I also have Comenity's MyPoints Visa, Total Rewards Visa, Fuel Networks MC, and the Sportsmans Visa too..... I need to cut the fat, per se

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 3 of 8
yfan
Valued Contributor

Comenity sends me offers from time to time for double cashback (Orbucks) - meaning 4% instead of 2. In October, I had an offer for double cash back on gas and groceries. Right now I have an offer for electronics and department stores - which overlaps with Discover so I can't use it. But still.

Message 4 of 8
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@yfan wrote:

Comenity sends me offers from time to time for double cashback (Orbucks) - meaning 4% instead of 2. In October, I had an offer for double cash back on gas and groceries. Right now I have an offer for electronics and department stores - which overlaps with Discover so I can't use it. But still.

Was approval a SP or a HP?

Message 5 of 8
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I see this offer for my new DSW Visa with a 1,000 limit which hasn't resported yet.  Don't see it for my year old MyPoints Visa with a bigger limit. I'd take it for the latter.

Message 6 of 8
yfan
Valued Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

Was approval a SP or a HP?

Approval was a HP, although I applied from a pop-up on Orbitz (pre-approval).

Message 7 of 8
klrmac
Regular Contributor

When / How did you get the Orbitz popup? I've tried going througha booking, and I get a message that asks to apply but it's not pre-approval and I haven't added any address or anything yet.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.