Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Reporting Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Reporting Question

My Carson's charge account reported the full statement balance fo $173, which was due today. If I made a payment of $100 on 10/10, why would it not report the remaining balance??

20151014_135958-1.jpg

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Reporting Question

because your due date isnt only 4 days after the statement cut date. you paid it after the statement cut date.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

because your due date isnt only 4 days after the statement cut date. you paid it after the statement cut date.

Sorry, I dont understand.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A card has a few important dates.  The date that your statement ends, the payment due date that includes the grace period, and the date in which its reported to the bureaus.

Look at your statement. It will have a statement date, and a due date.  Just pay the rest off now, look at your statement for the statement ending period, and remember to pay the bill by that date this month.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A card has a few important dates.  The date that your statement ends, the payment due date that includes the grace period, and the date in which its reported to the bureaus.

Look at your statement. It will have a statement date, and a due date.  Just pay the rest off now, look at your statement for the statement ending period, and remember to pay the bill by that date this month.

I just realized the due date is 10/17 so I have a few days to pay off the balance. The statement close date was 9/21, but I still dont understand why they would report to the CRA today? I have lots to learn I guess.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just realized the due date is 10/17 so I have a few days to pay off the balance. The statement close date was 9/21, but I still dont understand why they would report to the CRA today? I have lots to learn I guess.

well, that may be the date they report. its after the statement date, so that makes sense, i guess?

just make sure you pay the bill by the 21st of every month if you want your utilization down.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1. It had me confused for a bit too. Now what I do is pay the day my statement endsor a few days before, then don't use the card again until it cuts (or reports) to the cra's, other than to make the payment my statement calls for. Usually that means PIF. Once it reports, I am good to go.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
+1. It had me confused for a bit too. Now what I do is pay the day my statement endsor a few days before, then don't use the card again until it cuts (or reports) to the cra's, other than to make the payment my statement calls for. Usually that means PIF. Once it reports, I am good to go.

Just curious, you know about the phone system CLI trick? Easy to get 10k+ line. Sure u know, but just checkin!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the robolady and I are in a committed 4 month long relationship now. She still won't show me any luv. Maybe if it was a roboguy....
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the phone CLI trick you speak of.I want to get to know Robo lady Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.