Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Reporting to CRA's?

tag
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Comenity Reporting to CRA's?

I recently picked up a Sportsman's Guide Visa, and Comenity reported and generated a first Statement right away, but my second statement generated over two weeks ago and has not been reported to any of the CRA's?  Trying to get my payment history updated with them and do have a balance.

Has anybody dealt with this, and how long it takes for them to report after a Statement?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Reporting to CRA's?

In my experience with Comenity:

- New account didn't hit credit report for two months

- All of my monthly statement info (balance, payments, etc) typically reported within days of statement getting cut - after the account finally started reporting

Unlike other banks, that might completely skip reporting your first couple of statements, I've noticed that, at least in my situation, Comenity would report all the statement data, from the month that I opened the card. 

Message 2 of 21
Mike11208
New Contributor

With me all my comenity cards have hit with in a few days of getting approved. 

Message 3 of 21
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Mike11208 wrote:

Ditto 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anomalous wrote:

@Mike11208 wrote:

Ditto 

Really??

My gf set up a Victoria's Secret card and I got a J Crew card and both of them didn't hit any of my CRA reports for 1.5-2 months.  

Wondering if the speed of initial reporting is based on the type of card you get. 

Message 5 of 21
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks Sonic. I guess I can't complain, they reported my account opening within a week. They gave me a nice CL, so I will have to just wait it out.

Message 6 of 21
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks everybody, for your input. The Customer Rep's have been pretty polite when called, but they always tell me they report every Friday and nothing else. Oh well....

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, my comenity cards did not start reporting until I made a purchase on the accounts. And I read elsewhere that a lot of them will not report right away unless you use the card.

Message 8 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

FWIW, my comenity cards did not start reporting until I made a purchase on the accounts. And I read elsewhere that a lot of them will not report right away unless you use the card.

Mine started reporting right away without ANY activity so the reporting aspect would vary I would imagine.  In my case, this was for the True Value Discover and DSW Visa.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Victoria's Secret card had no purchases on it at all - it reported within two months.

My J Crew card - immediate purchase.  

Sounds like there's more to it than a standard formula that determines when they do/don't report.  Seems like more of a YMMV type of deal so far. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.