Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Reporting

tag
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Comenity Reporting

I'm going to somewhat disagree with others here....

Comenity will report the tradeline, whether you use it or not.  That part is true.  They do not, unfortunately, report monthly if there is no activity on the card.  If you got these to rebuild, you want them to report monthly.

Now, the good news is, at least for me, I can go a couple of months with no activity, then do something and it fills in the blanks without a problem.  So, for instance, I might use my overstock card twice a year, charge something for $20, let it report, pay it off.  This will fill in the missing months.  A couple of months later, get a credit line increase and that will fill in the missing months, then buy something.... you get the idea.

You don't have to buy big, but charge something and pay it off so you get the 'ok' each month to report.  This helps payment history show as positive.

I've never been so fortunate as to get credit line increases every month.  They have me on a six month cycle.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 11 of 18
dcastillo68
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Will a comenity store card port as a positive trade line on my CR if I don't put any purchases through it? I just used the shopping card trick to get Overstock and J Crew store cards but I don't want to use the lines anytime soon. I plan on buying one item and paying if off right after about once every 6 months. Will they still report with no initial activity?

I think you chose two great cards.  With Overstock, you can get a CLI immediately, and monthly thereafter.  JCrew is known to be generous with their CLI.  I think you have the right mindset and for rebuilding purposes, they will grow on you.  You got to start somewhere!

Starting Score 7/15/15 EQ 562 | TU 557 | EXP 556 Current Score EQ 601 | TU 622 | EXP 632
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Overstock only reports if i use it. Just bought two financial planning books on it just to show use so that it'll report my last couple cli's. I haven't used it in a couple months.

But you asked about "initial" use, so that might not be relevant. I charged immediately when i was approved so im not sure.

Now i need to plan when and what to buy from Avenue so they can show my cli's. A pain for me because im no longer plus size and don't want anything there really. But i too got the card when i was rebuilding and it helped at first.

Congrats on your new cards
Message 13 of 18
dcastillo68
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My Overstock only reports if i use it. Just bought two financial planning books on it just to show use so that it'll report my last couple cli's. I haven't used it in a couple months.

But you asked about "initial" use, so that might not be relevant. I charged immediately when i was approved so im not sure.

Now i need to plan when and what to buy from Avenue so they can show my cli's. A pain for me because im no longer plus size and don't want anything there really. But i too got the card when i was rebuilding and it helped at first.

Congrats on your new cards

Congratulations on no longer being a plus size Smiley Happy

Try buying shoes or accessories!

Starting Score 7/15/15 EQ 562 | TU 557 | EXP 556 Current Score EQ 601 | TU 622 | EXP 632
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol thanks dcastillo! Actually did buy a pair of shoes but when they came they didn't fit right and were uglier than i thought so I returned them. I look at their jewelry but not really interested. Ill just keep buying a pajama shirt or hair clips lol
Message 15 of 18
MrOverSt
Established Member

@dcastillo68 Quick question. Did you use the SCT to get your Pacsun and Sports Authority cards? If so do you have any tips on making the pre-approval pop?

Starting Scores 10/1/15 EQ 563 TU 551 EX 578
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm I interested in sports authority too. When I tried the Scot (about a month or so ago) I got a message about not being able to use their card for online purchases. I can't figure out what I did wrong lol.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
Why get a CC you have no intentions of using? Depending on the card, Comenity will give out monthly CLI. My advice is to use the card for a small purchase maybe every 3 months, instead of every 6.

Pizza and I don't always see eye to eye, but this exactly. Getting CCs you have no intention of using makes no sense. SCT or not, you're still taking an AAOA ding for each new account, plus using up overall limits on cards you don't want. Some creditors will decline people for too much available credit, so wasting it on cards you don't even want is not wise.

To answer your question yes it will report as "pays as agreed" whether you use it or not long-term.

There is much I do not still understand about credit.  Doesn't this invalidate the 0% balance across all crds with only one reporting under 10%?  Thank you.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.