Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity SCT Outcome

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity SCT Outcome

So I used the SCT to acquire 6 Comenity store cards. My issue is that I may have took steps back in my rebuild. I have Two Capital One, Cabelas, two NFCU accounts and 4 synchrony accounts. Should I close the Comenity now? I dont want the Comenity accounts affecting my better credit accounts however I dont know if there's anything I can do at this point. I dont want AA to be taken from Cap1, Cabelas, NFCU or synchrony.

Xace
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Re: Comenity SCT Outcome

I don't think Cap One will take AA. I've recently opened 8 Comenity cards and Cap One just approved me today for two more of their cards, for a total of 3 Cap One cards. 

I'm in the Garden now for sure.  Smiley Very Happy

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CC companies you mentioned are not the ones you should be worried about when it comes to AA but rather Comenity themselves..  The harm has already been done.  Close them out slowly, thus at least in a year assuming Comenity doesn't close them.

Don't apply for any more cards and let the ones you have now age. 

Message 3 of 4
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So I used the SCT to acquire 6 Comenity store cards. My issue is that I may have took steps back in my rebuild. I have Two Capital One, Cabelas, two NFCU accounts and 4 synchrony accounts. Should I close the Comenity now? I dont want the Comenity accounts affecting my better credit accounts however I dont know if there's anything I can do at this point. I dont want AA to be taken from Cap1, Cabelas, NFCU or synchrony.

Xace

The damage has already been done and closing them won't undo it.   I agree with other posts that say that your current lenders are unlikely to take AA.   That said, let your new accounts age and start pruning as you find different cards usefull or not.   And don't apply for more credit.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.