Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity SNL Mastercard to be discontinued

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Comenity SNL Mastercard to be discontinued

Rcvd a letter today that my SNL account will close on 3/31/16 because the program is being discontinued.  Bummer since I transferred a balance to it for a low rate.  I hope they still report the credit line, or it will appear to be maxed out on my credit file.  Have until Sept 30th to use rewards, but I didn't get it for the SNL rewards. 

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity SNL Mastercard to be discontinued

That's a shame, I didn't know it existed until right now.

Message 2 of 12
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Ha... thats probably why it is being discontinued.... I realize it is not earth shattering news, but I have a $9,000 limit on it that I will lose.          https://d.comenity.net/snlcard/public/Home.xhtml

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't they just transfer it to a different product?  It seems preposterous to cancel cards just because a marketing/cobranding agreement ended!

Message 4 of 12
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I agree...   The letter does mention that for my loyalty an exclusive event is being held just for me....  and to lookout for more details and a formal invitation soon.   Have no idea what that could be.  Hopefully, some type of product change.   Fingers crossed!

Message 5 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

I remember hearing about this card from online posts about super random credit cards. I dont think the application has been live for a while. comenity will guarantee their offer to you on the balance transfer, they cant change those terms. they can discontinue the rewards program whenever they want, therefore they gave the Sept. end date. but when the card is reported closed, the credit limit and what not are not going to be zeroed out. It shouldnt have any effect on your credit until the card drops off your report in 10 years, and that wont even be that bad just will lose some AAOA. 

Message 6 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

an exclusive event just for you? I remember a commercial for this card and showed like a card member going to NYC for an exclusive event with them and SNL, I mean im sure that it didnt happen to many people, more so peope got like a keychain... but definitely keep us posted on their offer to you. 

Message 7 of 12
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Will do!   Maybe a trip to NYC!?!    Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'm not surprised. The card never seemed to really gain any popularity (and rightfully so; 2x on one rather small category of spending is not all that enticing).

Message 9 of 12
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't they just transfer it to a different product?  It seems preposterous to cancel cards just because a marketing/cobranding agreement ended!

Comenity doesn't issue it's own credit cards, like Chase or Wells Fargo. If they had a Comenity Freedom 365 card or something of their own it might be possible. No affinity cards I know of can be changed to a different affinity card.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.