cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity: Shut down? Did you opt in for insurance?

tag
gibeon
Established Contributor

Comenity: Shut down? Did you opt in for insurance?

I'm just wondering if any of you that have had your cards shut down by Comenity recently had also opted into the payment insurance when you activated/accepted your card.

Also, I'm wondering about the reverse as well. Do you have LOTS of inq's but haven't been shut down? And did you opt in to the credit protection insurance?

Thanks,
Gib
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity: Shut down? Did you opt in for insurance?

@gibeon wrote:
I'm just wondering if any of you that have had your cards shut down by Comenity recently had also opted into the payment insurance when you activated/accepted your card.

Also, I'm wondering about the reverse as well. Do you have LOTS of inq's but haven't been shut down? And did you opt in to the credit protection insurance?

Thanks,
Gib

Interesting question. I was wondering about the inquiries, too. How many are too many for them.

Message 2 of 8
gibeon
Established Contributor

I had 36-40 on EQ end EX when they shut down my SG Visa that I got by popup, but they left my store cards unmolested.

I know of others that have 70+ EQ inq's that haven't received AA from Com (and I really hope they DON'T!!!) but I'm not sure if they have store cards only or also Visa/MC Comenity's cards.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 3 of 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I only have 1 Comenity card a Total Rewards Visa which I actually want to keep - lots and lots of inquiries (I go for sign up cash and 00% intro promos). If they close it, no big deal I have lots of other cards, but I would like to keep this one open. Note that I closed all my Comenity store cards, including MC/V versions last year - my choice, not theirs. 

Message 4 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pipeguy wrote:

I only have 1 Comenity card a Total Rewards Visa which I actually want to keep - lots and lots of inquiries (I go for sign up cash and 00% intro promos). If they close it, no big deal I have lots of other cards, but I would like to keep this one open. Note that I closed all my Comenity store cards, including MC/V versions last year - my choice, not theirs. 

Ya would like to keep two VA/Total rewards they can take my one store card or hell they can take my store card and VA (although they got to refund me the AF on the VA if they take it) and keep total rewards..  I doubt it will come to this, but I gurantee you I will get my AF back if they yank the VA card from me that will be the first question on how they plan on paying me back for the afSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

Ya would like to keep two VA/Total rewards they can take my one store card or hell they can take my store card and VA (although they got to refund me the AF on the VA if they take it) and keep total rewards..  I doubt it will come to this, but I gurantee you I will get my AF back if they yank the VA card from me that will be the first question on how they plan on paying me back for the afSmiley Happy

I have 20 inquiries on EQ and have not been shut down, yet.  I have the VA, SG, Overstock and PayPal credit accounts.  If they shut me down, the only one I would care about is PayPal because it's hidden.  Already received my bonus miles for the VA card and I would like to have it but if they flip out on me, I'll survive.

Message 6 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I have currently 76 I think on EQ right now, with 70 of those from this year alone. Have 12 store cards, no majors with them (scores arent high enough for that), over $100k in total exposure with them alone. All acts of still intact as of midnight when I checked (knock on wood)...

Message 7 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

I have 20 inquiries on EQ and have not been shut down, yet.  I have the VA, SG, Overstock and PayPal credit accounts.  If they shut me down, the only one I would care about is PayPal because it's hidden.  Already received my bonus miles for the VA card and I would like to have it but if they flip out on me, I'll survive.

Oh I agree as I only have about 26k with them including PP credit... Suck to lose that, but can easily survive.  Prefer just for accounts to be over year being the one shown before closed, but if they do one thing can be sure I would never do business with them in the future although I am sure they are fine with that as I won't carry a balance on a dumb 19-26% interest card..  They make a few dollars off me on PayPal credit, but that is about it..  I wouldn't lose sleep over it at all..  Thought they were done with the closures for the year, but appears it happens on wednesdays from what I can see as it has been happening for awhile and last wednesday is when the mass batch hit and now again this wednesday.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.