Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Strikes Again

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity Strikes Again

Reasons given are always bogus at best. If they are shut I say try recon. If no luck just move on.
Message 31 of 115
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

They just list excuses for AA is all.. Nothing more and mortgage was just tacked on to the list as tons of people rent probably more so in todays economy than in the past.  You probably will never know the real reason other than the obvious aggressive credit seeking and everyones definition of that varies

Message 32 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this has happend to you OP Smiley Sad they killed a flock of birds with one stone. 

Message 33 of 115
elim
Senior Contributor

grrrrrr,  these posts always tighten me up in the seeking journey (probably a good thing).   sorry OP, that truly blows.    merry x-mas from Comenity.   shake it off and continue diversification.    i think i have $70 club-O rewards.   might spend them and shut it down seeing how OS is a year old.

Message 34 of 115
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Since my last post above...

I just got home from visiting my Sister and out of curiousity I asked about her Overstock account.. her one and only Comenity account.

She logged into the account while I was there and yup, closed.. with an outstanding balance.

She had no idea it was closed. Last login noted at the top was 11/25 when she made her monthly payment.

Looked through her statements and activity and saw no reason for the closure. Double the minimums etc..

Didin't have much time to investigate further since we were tyring to have a family celebration but it defintely wasn't because of multiple credit lines with them or inquiries on her bureaus.

This account was a year or more old.

I'll try to find out more.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 35 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:
Well your case is already different. As out of all the shut downs. Yours is a first to have store cards shut down. So something else going on more than the usual shut down of visa and mastercards.

@Anonymous that does make it a bit different. Some of the store cards were higher limit though. Like Carson's or Overstock @ 6k and Wayfair @Anonymous. Now this is interesting logged into PayPal and my credit still shows available there and also on PC Mall. 

Message 36 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just yesterday I got an email saying my funding source to renew my Overstock Rewards was rejected.  I thought "what?".  I have a $4,000 CL on the card with no balance.  I got 2 more emails from Overstock telling me they found a solution.  I logged into Overstock through the email and paid the second yearly fee for O Rewards.  I bought a flashlight from China on EBay using my Camping World Visa through Paypal.  The China Post tracking said it tried to deliver my package.  USPS didn't report the same.  That transaction was cancelled and EBay assured me everything was OK and no charge would show up on my card.  I might be the next Comenity casualty.

Message 37 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sorry to hear...this is scary for anyone with many Comenity accounts.  I immediately signed on to my accounts and all was good. If my accounts survive, then I will begin to close them myself next year. I don't trust Comenity now.  I hope the impact to your credit reports isn't too sever.  Wow, I'm shocked!

Message 38 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just yesterday I got an email saying my funding source to renew my Overstock Rewards was rejected.  I thought "what?".  I have a $4,000 CL on the card with no balance.  I got 2 more emails from Overstock telling me they found a solution.  I logged into Overstock through the email and paid the second yearly fee for O Rewards.  I bought a flashlight from China on EBay using my Camping World Visa through Paypal.  The China Post tracking said it tried to deliver my package.  USPS didn't report the same.  That transaction was cancelled and EBay assured me everything was OK and no charge would show up on my card.  I might be the next Comenity casualty.

I think there are some very odd things going on at Comenity that don't always have to do with canceling cards or payments. My accounts and credit limits are fine, but I received an odd e-mail from Fuel Rewards Network Mastercard earlier this week saying that since they couldn't send my monthly "statement available notification" to me via e-mail because my e-mail address wasn't valid, that they had mailed it. I found this puzzling, since I have had the same e-mail address in my online account for almost a year. I checked it and the e-mail address was indeed correct.

I removed the e-mail address, retyped it in (even though it was correct), and about 25 minutes later received an e-mail saying "your statement is now available online."

Something odd and disorganized sounding is going on there.

Message 39 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 remaining Visas and 1 Mastercard with Comenity, as well as Overstock and J. Crew (for obvious reasons).  If they shut down my cards attached to major credit cards they can have the store cards too.  I have 5 other cards and life would be so much more simple anyway.  If they don't want to make anymore money from me then it's OK.

Message 40 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.