cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Surprise (and not a good one) - anyone else?

tag
BusyREBuilder
Established Member

Comenity Surprise (and not a good one) - anyone else?

Anyone else seen this?

I've gotten small, infrequent credit limit increases on my all of my Comenity cards over the last couple of years. Currently, each is roughly 3x the limit I started with.

For the last couple months, the increases were granted each time I hit the luv button, about $200 each time.

This week, hitting the luv button has resulting in a message that says "We need more information." Each and every Comenity card.

I called in and they said they needed an "updated credit report". They've all been soft pull from the beginning.

Has anyone else had this happen? What did you do and what was the result? If you had this happen and consented to the pull, did it cover all of your Comenity cards or just that particular one? I told the CSR that the limits weren't worth a sudden hard pull.

NavyFedSigVisa $8k/NavyFedRewardsMC $2k/Cap1QS $3.3k/Cap1MC $1.5k/Jared $3.9k/Amazon $4k/Lowes $5k/Walmart $4k/VS $1.5k/Buckle $1.2k/Express $1.2k/WW $1.2k/Overstock $850/JCrew $850/AnnT $500
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Surprise (and not a good one) - anyone else?

Yes this is common for some people, not all.. Probably depends on how many cards you have and how many times you wack those buttons.

Message 2 of 7
BusyREBuilder
Established Member

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yes this is common for some people, not all.. Probably depends on how many cards you have and how many times you wack those buttons.

I've got 7 of them, average limit on each is $1100

NavyFedSigVisa $8k/NavyFedRewardsMC $2k/Cap1QS $3.3k/Cap1MC $1.5k/Jared $3.9k/Amazon $4k/Lowes $5k/Walmart $4k/VS $1.5k/Buckle $1.2k/Express $1.2k/WW $1.2k/Overstock $850/JCrew $850/AnnT $500
Message 3 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@BusyREBuilder wrote:

Anyone else seen this?

I've gotten small, infrequent credit limit increases on my all of my Comenity cards over the last couple of years. Currently, each is roughly 3x the limit I started with.

For the last couple months, the increases were granted each time I hit the luv button, about $200 each time.

This week, hitting the luv button has resulting in a message that says "We need more information." Each and every Comenity card.

I called in and they said they needed an "updated credit report". They've all been soft pull from the beginning.

Has anyone else had this happen? What did you do and what was the result? If you had this happen and consented to the pull, did it cover all of your Comenity cards or just that particular one? I told the CSR that the limits weren't worth a sudden hard pull.

I'm having the same issues with all but one of my Comenity cards. If they need an updated credit report, then what the heck are the SP'ing me for? 

Message 4 of 7
BusyREBuilder
Established Member

That's exactly what I think Dee Bee. Ridiculous. I'm close to closing them. Though they do help with utilization - you just need a grip of them for it to amount to anything. Ugh.
Message 5 of 7
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

I was getting the same message as well, for about a month. But I logged into my Torrid to pay the bill today and hut the Luv button 3 times and got my limit increased with no issues and no stupid message telling me we need more information. Actually I managed to get 3 increases on Torrid, Avenue, VS, Ashley Stewart & Ovestock...My 1st EVER!!

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 6 of 7
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

I got a increase in torrid nothing else ugh ans they are days apart of opening

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.