cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Total Rewards Visa Time to Arrive?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Total Rewards Visa Time to Arrive?

So this one is starting to bother me (yes, a bit paranoid and overly anxious), but I'm now on day 8 after approval on my Total Rewards Visa card from Comenity, and it still hasn't arrived. It really only should take 3-4 days max via First Class to get to me from OH, and I've never had a card take that long to arrive.

I also have another concern and that is my account is showing a $9000 limit but $0 available to spend/available credit limit. It shows $1800 cash limit and $1800 cash available to spend. Balance is $0. The CSR I spoke to said that was normal, but seems a little odd to me.

The background is that I applied for the card online, and their webapp crashed right as I submitted the application. I did receive an email about my approval despite this and got immediate luv CLI after setting up my account (7500 to 9000). But, still, with never actually "sucessfully" submitting the application, I've been a bit nervous since. It's my highest SL so far, so I'd hate to lose out on it due to a system glitch whereby I was approved and the account set up, but some other backend workflow didn't complete to actually get my card sent to me.

Should I call up a CSR and ask to have the card expedited, saying I'd like to take a trip to Vegas next week? lol. I'm a long-time Comenity customer, so I wouldn't feel bad asking.

What are your experiences on how long this card takes to arrive, and the $0 available showing initially? My approval date was 09/16 and then I received an email on 09/17 saying the card was on its way. I know I need to wait it out a few more days, but I also know USPS isn't *that* slow between Ohio and my location.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity Total Rewards Visa Time to Arrive?

Comenity is ridiculously slow. I remember my BJ's card took at least two weeks to arrive, and I live in DE, only two states away from OH technically.

There is no reason mail coming from OH to DE should take 10 business days.

Nevertheless, you have nothing to worry about. It's Comenity. They're slow.

And sorry but they aren't going to expedite it -- this is comenity. You'd be lucky to even get someone on the phone who knew what expedite meant lol. I'm not bashing them. They are just a very disorganized company.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm

Thanks for the confirmation. I hadn't found a clear answer after searching, but that puts my mind at ease. Can't wait to see my UTL after all of my new cards report Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So this one is starting to bother me (yes, a bit paranoid and overly anxious), but I'm now on day 8 after approval on my Total Rewards Visa card from Comenity, and it still hasn't arrived. It really only should take 3-4 days max via First Class to get to me from OH, and I've never had a card take that long to arrive.

I also have another concern and that is my account is showing a $9000 limit but $0 available to spend/available credit limit. It shows $1800 cash limit and $1800 cash available to spend. Balance is $0. The CSR I spoke to said that was normal, but seems a little odd to me.

The background is that I applied for the card online, and their webapp crashed right as I submitted the application. I did receive an email about my approval despite this and got immediate luv CLI after setting up my account (7500 to 9000). But, still, with never actually "sucessfully" submitting the application, I've been a bit nervous since. It's my highest SL so far, so I'd hate to lose out on it due to a system glitch whereby I was approved and the account set up, but some other backend workflow didn't complete to actually get my card sent to me.

Should I call up a CSR and ask to have the card expedited, saying I'd like to take a trip to Vegas next week? lol. I'm a long-time Comenity customer, so I wouldn't feel bad asking.

What are your experiences on how long this card takes to arrive, and the $0 available showing initially? My approval date was 09/16 and then I received an email on 09/17 saying the card was on its way. I know I need to wait it out a few more days, but I also know USPS isn't *that* slow between Ohio and my location.

I'm still waiting on mine as well, today will be 10 business day (it may be in the mailbox when I get home). Good luck! Smiley Happy

As for the credit line and available limit, I think once you activate the card the available limit portion will populate. All my Comenity Visa cards show the same thing expect for the card I've received and activated. Probably helps from anyone grabbing cards from the mail and trying to use them. Smiley Wink

ETA: When that email is sent saying the card is on its way, it may mean it's being generated and goes through the whole process of being mailed. Not sure if it literally means the card was put in the mail or not. I have no experience to know either way on that part.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you call CS to confirm that your account is open and your CL? If you call and they confirm the information you received in the email, then I would not worry. I think you're worrying for no reason and a simple phone call can rectify the issue. Best of luck!

Message 5 of 13
Klesko
Regular Contributor

EvoXTuna wrote:

The avliable will be 0 until you activate the card. 

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 6 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

To address the credit limit to available credit this also happened to mine.. This is for security reasons.. It will change once you receive and activate the card.. Nothing big with regards to this.  All Comenity cards are this way I believe.

Message 7 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

To address the credit limit to available credit this also happened to mine.. This is for security reasons.. It will change once you receive and activate the card.. Nothing big with regards to this.  All Comenity cards are this way I believe.

Calm down everyone.

CC is absolutely 100% correct!

Comenity will show the limit you was approved for but will not update AVAILABLE CREDIT line until AFTER activation.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. The CSR didn't phrase it exactly that way; she said upon first use of the card (implying there's no activation process for Total Rewards Visa), it will update.

Thanks to all for the feedback and answers.

Message 9 of 13
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I just received my Barneys card from them yesterday. I know it's not the same, but they sent a letter before that stating there was a delay in the card going out. Now, mind you I was approved at the end of August. Hopefully you won't have to wait as long as I did to receive it, but a call to them should help explain the delay. All the best.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.