Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity True ID Verification

tag
Scott_S
Regular Contributor

Comenity True ID Verification

So months after I opened several Comenity store cards, I attempt to use Pier 1 and find out that all my cards are blocked until I send copies of bank statement, front & back of DL's and SS card and then wait up to 21 days for a call from a supervisor indicated my identity has been verified and my accounts are re-opened.  Un-Freaking Believeable!!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity True ID Verification

What a pain. I would close all of those cards
Message 2 of 21
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

One of the reasons i'll never do business with Comenity again. Their security department is a joke.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 21
Te3030
Regular Contributor

Wow, Awful! How many Comenity cards do you have?

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Non-Comenity Related. 

But i got a call from AMEX Security/Fraud Dept today inquiring about my latest 2 apps and approvals. Asked me to confirm I indeed applied and received the cards.

After receiving PIF on the PRG and Paying everything but $200 on the ED, I almost thought this was a joke. I would have expected this call a month ago before the first statement cut, or a couple days after the cards got approved.

Comenity ain't the only company who doesn't have all their ducks in a row after all.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

when I applied for orbitz comenity card, they sent me a letter saying I needed to contact them within 14 days of the letter written. I called and they just asked me about public record, which I guess I failed when I was working on the application. I don't remember every street I ever lived in! Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 21
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

One of the reasons i'll never do business with Comenity again. Their security department is a joke.

Not a joke. When someone has 10 store cards. Why is the question? Because you can?  Ok. 

Message 7 of 21
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

when I applied for orbitz comenity card, they sent me a letter saying I needed to contact them within 14 days of the letter written. I called and they just asked me about public record, which I guess I failed when I was working on the application. I don't remember every street I ever lived in! Smiley LOL

Same exact thing happened to me. I HAD a Total Rewards card for 6.8k. Tired to charge to it and it was denied. I didn't call till the next day. They asked me "public records" questions and one was about my uncle and i damn sure didn't remember what the answer was. I even tried explain to the "account protection" lady that the question about my uncle wasn't necessarily the easiest to answer since i haven't seen him in a long time. He just ignored everything i said and said "we'll send your a letter that will arrive in 7-10 business days". I countered with "cancel the card". From that day on, i even tried to reopen it but they told me that "it will remain closed since i failed to answer the security question" lol. What upsets me the most is that i was the one who closed it, but on my report it says "closed by grantor". I'm still trying to get them to change it to "closed by consumer". Comenity is an awful bank.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Message 8 of 21
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Not a joke. When someone has 10 store cards. Why is the question? Because you can?  Ok. 

Well, i was relating it to me experience. I also think Comenity is awful for my own reasons. Comenity and PNC bank have the rudest people working for them.

Message 9 of 21
Scott_S
Regular Contributor

@Te3030 wrote:

Wow, Awful! How many Comenity cards do you have?

Gamestop

Abercrombie

Maurices

Buckle

HSN

BeallsFlorida

Bealls

JCrew

Kingsize

OnestopPlus

New York & Co

Express

The Limited

Diamond Elite

Victoria Secret

Pier 1

Torrid

Linen Source

Soultions

Norm Thompson

Blair

Haband

Peebles

Bon-Ton

Motorola

Roamans

Or I guess I could have said I have alot.  I have called several times and each time I am told there is nothing on the accounts that indicate why after months I suddenly have to do this.  There is nothing out of the ordinary about my credit report or identity or residence, etc....  I am beyond pist off.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.