cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Using Credit Report from February? (UPDATE, 5/19)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Using Credit Report from February? (UPDATE, 5/19)

Finally looked at one of the dead trees Comenity sends me from the incessant CLI button pressing on my J. Crew account... They're using a soft pull from February! Since February, my available tradelines have increased tenfold, and util has dropped significantly. When will they do a fresh SP?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Using Credit Report from February?

My guess, because I'm in the same boat, would be within this month but probably with information from April.  Synchrony had me at January report until this last week, unless I called to Credit Solutions.

Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Good Question. And another one of their weird quirks Smiley Frustrated

After getting some rather substantial regular CLI's on my JCrew card the luv button has hit a hard brick wall for the past 3 months for me.

And i have even upped my spend on it in the hopes of it continuing the climb.

I haven't checked lately but it's likely they are drawing off an old report just as you suggest in this post. Ugh

Message 3 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally looked at one of the dead trees Comenity sends me from the incessant CLI button pressing on my J. Crew account... They're using a soft pull from February! Since February, my available tradelines have increased tenfold, and util has dropped significantly. When will they do a fresh SP?

Same experience. I thought Capital One was bad. I hope they do a SP soon.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, glad it's not just me! I actually want to spend on it but $250 is such a joke CL for J. Crew.

Message 5 of 11
NP27
Established Contributor

Same here. Requested Cli for Jcrew 7-10 day letter with a score from February
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ugh, glad it's not just me! I actually want to spend on it but $250 is such a joke CL for J. Crew.

It's ridiculous, a pair of pants from there will set you near the limit quick! I have a $250 limit and been smashing the Luv button since December and they always send me a letter with a score from Nov of last year... Even til today.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. Im a newbie. But Ive been a lurker for quite sometime. And Ive been irritated with Comenity as well. I called them this morning to find out why February's credit score is being pulled and not the recent score and that I wanted a manual review. And the CSR told me to speak to the credit bureau it pulled from, that they're the one that sends them the reports. Which I think is hogwash. So now Im deciding if I want to wait this out or not. Just thought I chime in!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like Comenity might have grabbed a new soft pull! Hit the button today and got it up to $450... Tried again and got 7-10 days but at least it FINALLY moved. This damn card was driving me nuts!

Message 9 of 11
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity Using Credit Report from February? (UPDATE, 5/19)

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here!  They are using a SP from 2/10/15. I just gave up on getting an increase from them in the near future.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.