Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity VS/MC HP/SP inquiries

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

Comenity VS/MC HP/SP inquiries

In the past few weeks I got the Sportsman's Guide, Fuel Rewards and Rediroof Inn cards from Comenity via SCT.  It looke like the Sportman's Guide was SP only, while I got HP for the other two.  I don't know if it is just random with them but just wanted to provide a few data points for everyone.  Of course, you should expect a HP every time you request credit but it's nice to get SP only.

On a related note, I've never received a HP for any CLI request or stor card from them, so hopefully that keeps up.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity VS/MC HP/SP inquiries

@happypill wrote:

In the past few weeks I got the Sportsman's Guide, Fuel Rewards and Rediroof Inn cards from Comenity via SCT.  It looke like the Sportman's Guide was SP only, while I got HP for the other two.  I don't know if it is just random with them but just wanted to provide a few data points for everyone.  Of course, you should expect a HP every time you request credit but it's nice to get SP only.

On a related note, I've never received a HP for any CLI request or stor card from them, so hopefully that keeps up.

There seems to be mixed results about HPs for CLIs for a variety of Comenity CCs - some folks have posted their experiences recently that have resulted in HP.  So, it's one of those YEMV situations.  And, when I was shopping with Sportsmans Guide, it displayed a pre-aproval offer upon checkout back in August, I accepted the offer and expected a HP (even though it's been reported as SP for some) and sure enough it was a HP on EX.  But I was ok with the outcome.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Virgin Anerica card also is in the 50/50 category.  I know I didn't get an HP by applying directly from the VA site with no pop up.

Message 3 of 4
ddemari
Super Contributor

I got a hard pull for FRN MC via SCT. Hard pull from Virgin America, no SCT applied from Virgin website. These were both on EQ and I expected them.

The only one that has not hard pulled me was Sport's man guide Visa via SCT. As far as CLI and hard inquiries, none yet and I am limiting my clicks on different card websites. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.