Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Virgin Elevate cards...

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity Virgin Elevate cards...

They did, but lets hope that it takes them long enough that I can enjoy VX for some time. Once that is done, I am gonna look to JetBlue rather than AS. They don't even have nonstop flights from NYC to SFO and I am not flying AA.

We will see how this is going to work out in terms of credit cards though. I liked the vertical design but not comenity bank. If the deal is approved, may be in year or so I guess BoA will have to take over the portfolio and offer some points to VX customers (Like JetBlue did)?
Message 21 of 25
Open123
Super Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
They did, but lets hope that it takes them long enough that I can enjoy VX for some time. Once that is done, I am gonna look to JetBlue rather than AS. They don't even have nonstop flights from NYC to SFO and I am not flying AA.

We will see how this is going to work out in terms of credit cards though. I liked the vertical design but not comenity bank. If the deal is approved, may be in year or so I guess BoA will have to take over the portfolio and offer some points to VX customers (Like JetBlue did)?

Right, same as with SPG, stop earning VX points and burn them.  There is no way they keep their 2.6 cpp value post integration.  I'm just going to book my final transcon flights and call it a day.  Time to move on.  I find flying on AS extremely underwhelming.  I can't imagine actually paying real money to fly their F class.  And, if I'm going to fly coach, mind as well opt for JetBlue or Southwest.

Message 22 of 25
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

If, and that's a big if, BoA takes over VX credit cards, do you think BoA will allow us to convert to a different card? I don't plan on flying AS and I don't want to apply for any cards for another 8 months (which I assume is how long it would take at the very least to get everything sorted out), if I get AS credit card I dont plan to use it. So does BoA convert your cards to something else in this case?
Message 23 of 25
Open123
Super Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
If, and that's a big if, BoA takes over VX credit cards, do you think BoA will allow us to convert to a different card? I don't plan on flying AS and I don't want to apply for any cards for another 8 months (which I assume is how long it would take at the very least to get everything sorted out), if I get AS credit card I dont plan to use it. So does BoA convert your cards to something else in this case?

Not sure, but I'd guess no? 

Message 24 of 25
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@darwin_wins wrote:

Not sure, but I'd guess no? 

Robot Mad

Robot Mad

Robot Mad

Robot Mad

Robot Mad

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.