Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Virgin Elevate cards...

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Comenity Virgin Elevate cards...

By the way, does anyone know if you can have both and earn both card bonuses?  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity Virgin Elevate cards...

Before any moves know that their currently in talks for a sale my friend to

Alaska and or JetBlue 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

Latest news still rumor tho (7 hours ago)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/todayinthesky/2016/04/02/reports-alaska-air-close-deal-...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/alaska-air-nearing-deal-to-acquire-virgin-america-1459620895

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 3 of 25
Open123
Super Contributor

Thanks, MJ!

Had no idea they were this close to being acquired. 

Message 4 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya real close it appears to being done.. Wonder if BofA will acquire the CC portfolio and be changed into Alaska Airlines CC's?  I saw this and wondered that... I was going to cancel my virgin america CC, but seeing this I might keep it..  Trying to get rid of my two comenity cc's

Message 5 of 25
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

As much as I don't like Comenity, I am going to be very sad if VX is sold off and doesn't exist anymore. It is my goto airlines and I would have to find a substitute and that may not be Alaska Airlines.
Message 6 of 25
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya real close it appears to being done.. Wonder if BofA will acquire the CC portfolio and be changed into Alaska Airlines CC's?  I saw this and wondered that... I was going to cancel my virgin america CC, but seeing this I might keep it..  Trying to get rid of my two comenity cc's

Yeah, just read MJ's links.  It appears that Alaska is close to a deal that "may" be announced on Monday.

I was hoping VX will retain some independent, especially since SFO's T2 was supposed to be "their" hub, much like JFK's T5 is JetBlue's.  In my view, Virgin America has the best first class product in the industry, since upgrades are never given away for free, even to their Elites or Senior Execs.  Over the years, I've always preferred to pay for their premium product more so than the legacy ones, who give away 90% of their premium domestic seats.

I'm hoping VX will remain independent, since I'm not a huge fan of Alaskan Airlines.  

Message 7 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Thanks, MJ!

Had no idea they were this close to being acquired. 

Somehow I knew what you were thinking ....Lol

And figured it should be weighed into your decision 

Congrats on the Hyatt too read that earlier ha ha ha 

Love mine 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yeah, just read MJ's links.  It appears that Alaska is close to a deal that "may" be announced on Monday.

I was hoping VX will retain some independent, especially since SFO's T2 was supposed to be "their" hub, much like JFK's T5 is JetBlue's.  In my view, Virgin America has the best first class product in the industry, since upgrades are never given away for free, even to their Elites or Senior Execs.  Over the years, I've always preferred to pay for their premium product more so than the legacy ones, who give away 90% of their premium domestic seats.

I'm hoping VX will remain independent, since I'm not a huge fan of Alaskan Airlines.  

Ya they might stay independent.. For whatever reason I thought virging atlantic sir richard owned it, but was I ever wrong lol.. Just used his name I am guessing.  Alaska airlines just wants more routes I am guessing as VA was not profitable until this last year or something?   Just curious if merger happens will comenity be forced to sell to bofa.. I can only hope so

Message 9 of 25
Open123
Super Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
As much as I don't like Comenity, I am going to be very sad if VX is sold off and doesn't exist anymore. It is my goto airlines and I would have to find a substitute and that may not be Alaska Airlines.

Me too.  

From their humble beginnings in 2007, I've been rooting for them to grow and ultimately become my main Carrier from SFO.  At this point, I'm so tired of the legacy Airlines that I found VX's product both refreshing and a huge improvement over the UA, AA, and DL.  My plan was to burn all of my legacy Miles for premium cabin Int'l flights and begin flying VX.

A merger/takeover with Alaska may be a deal breaker for me, since they're just a smaller legacy airline to me.  These days, I prefer flying F and will refuse to pay money for any F class domestic flights, since the legacy carriers, unlike VX, give them all away for free.  No way I'm going to subsidize this practice.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.