cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity and Bill Me later confussion

Senior Contributor

Comenity and Bill Me later confussion

I spoke to someone at the comsumer relations department just now (1-800-303-1368) they claim they will have to report the bill me later accounts due to federal law

 

I was actually calling regurading  an Total Rewards caerd but IO thought I sneak that question in, they seem like at that number they are upper level reps with Comenity

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity and Bill Me later confussion

Sounds great! It was ironic that they needed to hard pull your credit for approval yet they didnt report to CBs

Banking with CBofTV, BofH, and BBVA. All three are free checking accounts.
First Premier CC $500
Chapter 7 BK Discharged on 7/11/16
Equifax, Experian, Transunion, and ChexSystem are FROZEN.
Gardening Since 10/25/2017
Message 2 of 13
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity and Bill Me later confussion


john398 wrote:

I spoke to someone at the comsumer relations department just now (1-800-303-1368) they claim they will have to report the bill me later accounts due to federal law

 

I was actually calling regurading  an Total Rewards caerd but IO thought I sneak that question in, they seem like at that number they are upper level reps with Comenity


There is Comenity Bank and Comenity Capital Bank - two affiliated entities under the Comenity companies umbrella.  Comenity Bank (previously known as WFNNB) is the mainline private label arm which oversees the card programs for Victoria's Secret, Express, J.Crew, Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, etc.  Comenity Capital Bank (previously WFCB) is the "higher-end" private label arm that oversees card/retail programs such as Barneys New York, Bill Me Later, etc.  Usury laws that govern each company is based on the charter where they underwrite each of their private label portoflios.

Message 3 of 13
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity and Bill Me later confussion

There's no law saying a lender has to report anything. However, if they do report, the law says it must be accurate.

Message 4 of 13
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity and Bill Me later confussion


navigatethis12 wrote:

There's no law saying a lender has to report anything. However, if they do report, the law says it must be accurate.


that makes sense

Message 5 of 13
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity and Bill Me later confusion

There may be no law that they have to, but if they don't, people will simply go to another company that does =)

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013


2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500


Message 6 of 13
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity and Bill Me later confussion


BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Sounds great! It was ironic that they needed to hard pull your credit for approval yet they didnt report to CBs


Not at all.  BML isn't the only hidden tradeline out there.

Message 7 of 13
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity and Bill Me later confussion


takeshi74 wrote:

BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Sounds great! It was ironic that they needed to hard pull your credit for approval yet they didnt report to CBs


Not at all.  BML isn't the only hidden tradeline out there.


theres new egg too, what are some of the others?

Message 8 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity and Bill Me later confussion


john398 wrote:

takeshi74 wrote:

BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Sounds great! It was ironic that they needed to hard pull your credit for approval yet they didnt report to CBs


Not at all.  BML isn't the only hidden tradeline out there.


theres new egg too, what are some of the others?


Newegg IS Bill Me Later. 

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Message 9 of 13
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity and Bill Me later confussion


shane82388 wrote:

john398 wrote:

takeshi74 wrote:

BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Sounds great! It was ironic that they needed to hard pull your credit for approval yet they didnt report to CBs


Not at all.  BML isn't the only hidden tradeline out there.


theres new egg too, what are some of the others?


Newegg IS Bill Me Later. 


oh so if I already have bill me later theres no HP to get new egg?

Message 10 of 13