Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity bank (store cards)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity bank (store cards)

Whatever you do please don't go crazy on getting Comenity cards via the pop ups.  You will regret it down the road.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

+250
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't. I just really wanted Overstock, Express and VS. I never tried them because I wasn't interested in a hard pull for a store card no matter how good the perks. I actually had Brylane for a long time before I even knew that they were all owned by the same company. I feel in love with VS since I got my first job there! I shop at Express 2x-4x times a year for the Hubby and I use Overstock for certain items. So I'm not chasing the dragon for store cards that I will not shop at.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes you really are. As soon as it happens I will surely be thankig you all for the info Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 20
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I won't. I just really wanted Overstock, Express and VS. I never tried them because I wasn't interested in a hard pull for a store card no matter how good the perks. I actually had Brylane for a long time before I even knew that they were all owned by the same company. I feel in love with VS since I got my first job there! I shop at Express 2x-4x times a year for the Hubby and I use Overstock for certain items. So I'm not chasing the dragon for store cards that I will not shop at.

Yeah, don't get too many of those cards.

I have Express, but the pop-up only worked for me AFTER receiving a pre-approval letter in the mail for it.

Overstock is worth it because after three months you can pretty much count on SP CLI monthly, at least that's my experience.

Sorry, no VS experience to comment about.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overstock, VS and Loft were all EQ for me. I got the pop up on all 3 my first time on the site. I have since closed VS because I don't need a card with a $350 limit even though I shop there. Good luck.

Message 16 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

I agree. I only have only one Comenity card, and that is a Visa. I will app for no others.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Whatever you do please don't go crazy on getting Comenity cards via the pop ups.  You will regret it down the road.

+1000 

Youll just end up closing those 250 toy limits in the end!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprisingly my VS was pre-approved for $500. I was very surprised. Since that was a decent limit I figured Overstock & Express would be too. But still no luck Smiley LOL

Message 19 of 20
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea I know Comenity is the bank but according to one website, Experian is the cra that they use for the soft pull... 

Edit: Removed link from message --SE

Commenity Cards will do SP on EQ or EX.  IME, VS, Brylane Home, and Overstock used EX.  Ann Taylor, Express, J Crew, Blair (and all Orchard Brank cards) used EQ.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.