Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards closed.

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity cards closed.

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

lol at people who think comenity gives toy limits. I have an 18k Potterybarn card that I opened in november last year I get a 1k increase every month it started at 4k I believe. I also have a 10k West Elm Card that I opened in November. At that same time I opened a NewEgg Preferred account, TigerDirect, and VS. So pretty much in the span of 2 weeks I opened 5 accounts. I just opened up 3 new accounts last month Crate and Barrel stared out at 1k its now at 2.5k, J.Crew started off at $300 now at 1.1k and Sportsmans Guide at 4k....all in a month.

I don't know why the OP got flagged. I would guess that they opened more than 5 accounts.

Yeah, going on app sprees with the same lender is playing with fire.

Message 11 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am curious as too how many store cards you applied for? I have 5 and got them all within one week of eachother, Your thread got me nervous.

Message 12 of 55
Scott_S
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am curious as too how many store cards you applied for? I have 5 and got them all within one week of eachother, Your thread got me nervous.

Danijoy

I have 15 Comenity cards, all opened pretty much at the same time.  I received the fraud alert letters in the mail for most of them, but after calling in and answering the questions, they cleared the block and the accounts remained open.  That's just my experience, based on my case, but if they were to close some or all of them, it might be a blessing.  Who can use and keep track of so many cards and payments.

Message 13 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying.  Think I'm just gonna put my trigger finger away for a little bit. lol.

Message 14 of 55
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I don't think it's wise to try apping for so many cards with the same issuer in a short period of time like that. I also think there are better cards out there that you could have considered.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 15 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just last month, I applied for 10 cards within a 2 week period and put $10 or so dollars on each of them as soon as the cards arrived.  Note that I did have to call in for approval for each and they asked me a set of questions and then I was given my credit line by phone for credit lines up to $4k.  The accounts were active immediately and I verified online and setup my account.

Maybe they have changed their approval process requiring a call in up front?

Message 16 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for 3 commenity and 4 synchrony cards. then a card i really wanted came around and now im denied. the sheer number of anything anywhere will mess up your chances. Toy limits are bad, but they do age and come up. Everyone is at a different place, lower scores or BK/chargeoff members have much fewer oprions, and SCT is a good option. However, if you can get approved for several store cards chances are you can get a quicksilver if you do not have one. Now you may not, with all the inquiries and new accounts. A MC/VISA should always be valued above store cards.

at this point cool it and if you want a store card only go for ones that have the visa option, but again now you have several HP on bureaus. Get on the backdoor number and get transferred to a rep who can work with all the accounts to verify all of it in one call not just each store. They exist. It will probably be a 45 minute phone call, 40 minutes of it of you on hold waiting.

Message 17 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

What could one possibly need that requires a 5 digit limit on a pottery barn card of all things?
Message 18 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed. Now if they sold actual barns, that would make sense.

Too bad comenity wont fudge limits between accounts, that would be nice.

Message 19 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Comenity back anything useful? Besides Virgin America Visa?
Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.