Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards

tag
luckymommy
New Contributor

Comenity cards

So, I have a Loft & VS card through Comenity. I've had VS since 11/13.  I've tried the past couple months to push the luv button to increase my limit from $500. I've gotten the 7-10 dag message then denied for not having the card long enough. Statement just cut 2 days ago with a balance of $0. Tried the luv button again.. This time it didn't ask for income or give me the 7-10 day message, it went straight to a message saying, "thank you for your interest in a credit limit increase. Your account is not eligible for a credit limit increase at this time." 

Has anyone else gotten this message??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity cards

@luckymommy wrote:

So, I have a Loft & VS card through Comenity. I've had VS since 11/13.  I've tried the past couple months to push the luv button to increase my limit from $500. I've gotten the 7-10 dag message then denied for not having the card long enough. Statement just cut 2 days ago with a balance of $0. Tried the luv button again.. This time it didn't ask for income or give me the 7-10 day message, it went straight to a message saying, "thank you for your interest in a credit limit increase. Your account is not eligible for a credit limit increase at this time." 

No matter what you do your account will not be eligible for an increase til you've had it for at least 9 months.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 6
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@luckymommy wrote:

No matter what you do your account will not be eligible for an increase til you've had it for at least 9 months.

+1

Hold out for nine months.

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

they seemed to have gotten smart and updated the system to give you the message instantly so they don't have to mail out 100k denials a month... the store cards like VS, express, buckle etc. seem to be a 9 month hard and fast rule unlike some of the other cards.

Message 4 of 6
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

@luckymommy wrote:

+1

Hold out for nine months.

You don't need to wait 9 months.  I got a j.crew card and when I got the card i hit the luv button and for $200, also my express card wasn't 9 months old and I hit the luv button and got $200 as well. that account wasn't 9 months eaither. 

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 5 of 6
toi34
Established Contributor

I got an auto CLI on my VS cards after only 3 or 4 months. The 'hard and fast 9 month rule' was definately in place for my Dress Barn card. I hit the luv button on that card every chance I got, then right after my 9th statement...boom a $200 increase. I hit the luv button on all my Comenity cards, but I get the 7-10 message and in a few days I get  'the letter.'

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.