Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity closed all my accounts

tag
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity closed all my accounts

This was so many times ....Comenity loves to keep ppl with their cards with balances (at 29%) is no brainer, they hate when ppl use their card to keep uti lower,or get their card and pif they make no money that way.also im gonna say it again if u have retail cards from them stick with only retail, unless u want vs/mc and get closed accounts.

Oh and R.I.P Synchrony and your lexus nexus bs.

Message 21 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with NFCU and I'm officially a member! So now I have to read up on what to do there to make the most of it. Any tips on NFCU are appreciated! the forums I have seen so far will take me 2 weeks to read! Thanks everyone.

Message 22 of 47
peghede
Valued Contributor

Message 23 of 47
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
There was a thread a couple of months ago that people who had store cards then got a Visa card had issues. One member suggested either stick to all store cards or the Visa ones.

Odd. On previous occasions, I had store cards (Radio Shack, then Best Buy) alongside Visas and never had a problem. Of course, that was years ago and I imagine some things will have changed.

I think @Anonymous is referring to cards within Comenity's portfolio; i.e. either sticking to only Comenity store cards or only Comenity co-brand cards, but not having/keeping both.

I hadn't considered this approach before... it's an interesting thought.

Message 24 of 47
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got off the phone with NFCU and I'm officially a member! So now I have to read up on what to do there to make the most of it. Any tips on NFCU are appreciated! the forums I have seen so far will take me 2 weeks to read! Thanks everyone.

You don't have to read the whole thing; just start a month or so back and work your way forward (there haven't been any recent major changes to the info). Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
There was a thread a couple of months ago that people who had store cards then got a Visa card had issues. One member suggested either stick to all store cards or the Visa ones.

Odd. On previous occasions, I had store cards (Radio Shack, then Best Buy) alongside Visas and never had a problem. Of course, that was years ago and I imagine some things will have changed.

I think @Anonymous is referring to cards within Comenity's portfolio; i.e. either sticking to only Comenity store cards or only Comenity co-brand cards, but not having/keeping both.

I hadn't considered this approach before... it's an interesting thought.

@Now that you put it that way, I see what @Anonymous meant. Hmmmm. I don't believe I'm interested in any Comenity co-branded cards, unless maybe Paypal Credit counts? I wonder if the same thing holds true with Synchrony; I've added their Marvel Mastercard to my list of cards to consider for my fall spree because of their 2% cashback on entertainment-related categories (most especially books), but I don't want to cause any issues with my Amazon store card; I'd been considering the Walmart store card but if it came to a choice between that or the Marvel MC, I think at this point I'd pick the MC. There's still several months of gardening to go, though, before I actually have to make that decision...

Message 26 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 27 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Please keep in mind that having only store cards or only major cards does not matter in terms of Comenity closures. A number of myfico members have been shut down who had only store cards, so limiting it to one or the other is not a factor.

We've even had a few members who only had one Comenity card and reported having it shut down, unfortunately.

Message 28 of 47
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't have to read the whole thing; just start a month or so back and work your way forward (there haven't been any recent major changes to the info). Smiley Wink

What?! Why didn't someone tell me that before?  Took me 2 days to get throught that thread.

Seriously, though, congrats on getting in with NFCU t-hawk - you're going to be a lot happier with them than Comenity.

Message 29 of 47
peghede
Valued Contributor

Still ,just like Synchrony R.I.P and their lexus nexus bs, Marvel is the spark in blue latter and the multiple request foc cli..Synchrony R.I.P LOVES PPL WITH BALANCES they never cld they auto cli.....Now with  Comenity  don't go over 100k to be safe stay no more than 80k exposure  and have balance or keep balances with them and don't mix cards with them like get retail thru cart trick/ and then stupidly cart trick  vs/mc and don't get them all thru cart trick you don't have to worry about closing your cards..

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.