Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity closed all my accounts

tag
dlm0820
Contributor

Re: Comenity closed all my accounts

@MrsCHX wrote:

It seems that the issue isn't opening *A* card with SCT. People who see swift AA from Comenity have generally opened multiple cards using SCT in a short window of time.

Sorry OP :/

+1

There's an easy fix to that also.

Message 31 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got off the phone with NFCU and I'm officially a member! So now I have to read up on what to do there to make the most of it. Any tips on NFCU are appreciated! the forums I have seen so far will take me 2 weeks to read! Thanks everyone.

You don't have to read the whole thing; just start a month or so back and work your way forward (there haven't been any recent major changes to the info). Smiley Wink

What?! Why didn't someone tell me that before?  Took me 2 days to get throught that thread.

Seriously, though, congrats on getting in with NFCU t-hawk - you're going to be a lot happier with them than Comenity.

hah! thanks K!

Message 32 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrsCHX wrote:

It seems that the issue isn't opening *A* card with SCT. People who see swift AA from Comenity have generally opened multiple cards using SCT in a short window of time.

Sorry OP :/

+1

Or someone has been approved for multiple accounts with other lenders in a short period of time.

Message 33 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear, I just realized while trying to use my sportsman visa that this has happened to me too.  i must admit i used the sct but i have been diligently working on my credit and after reading tons of reviews on here i have gotten a lot of insight.  the card had 3500 cl and a 600 balance which was PIF a day before they shut it down.   i called and after talking to 4 different people realized that i was wasting my time.  I was just refinanced out a ridiculously high intrest rate which is the reason for the multiple inquiries (8)  which if they had called to ask me i could have shared.  im upset that my credit ive worked so hard to improve may take a hit but if thats the way they do business ill just garden until i can appy for reputable banks that take pride in customers, esecially those who pif monthly.  thanks to all the fico fourm contributors because you guys have really changed my credit life. so much good information here.

Message 34 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear, I just realized while trying to use my sportsman visa that this has happened to me too.  i must admit i used the sct but i have been diligently working on my credit and after reading tons of reviews on here i have gotten a lot of insight.  the card had 3500 cl and a 600 balance which was PIF a day before they shut it down.   i called and after talking to 4 different people realized that i was wasting my time.  I was just refinanced out a ridiculously high intrest rate which is the reason for the multiple inquiries (8)  which if they had called to ask me i could have shared.  im upset that my credit ive worked so hard to improve may take a hit but if thats the way they do business ill just garden until i can appy for reputable banks that take pride in customers, esecially those who pif monthly.  thanks to all the fico fourm contributors because you guys have really changed my credit life. so much good information here.

Sorry to hear Nursnik,

FWIW, my scores actually went up a few points immediately after this happened. I hope the same happens for you!

Message 35 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to update the thread with my positive outcome. As i mentioned, I joined NFCU. I was initially denied for the flagship due to inquiries. I waited for the letter and wrote a secure message asking them to recon. They wrote back and suggested I start with another one of their products. I app'd for the GOrewards and instantly approved for $3700! Immediately app'd for the CLOC and instantly approved for $15K! Now the dog gets the operation and my utilization will be lower than it would have been under the thumb of Comenity! Thanks to everyone on here taking time to educate people like me on credit issues! I guess this will be moved to an approval thread now!

Message 36 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wanted to update the thread with my positive outcome. As i mentioned, I joined NFCU. I was initially denied for the flagship due to inquiries. I waited for the letter and wrote a secure message asking them to recon. They wrote back and suggested I start with another one of their products. I app'd for the GOrewards and instantly approved for $3700! Immediately app'd for the CLOC and instantly approved for $15K! Now the dog gets the operation and my utilization will be lower than it would have been under the thumb of Comenity! Thanks to everyone on here taking time to educate people like me on credit issues! I guess this will be moved to an approval thread now!

Congrats on the NFCU approvals. Gotta love them.  You're actually better off with the GoRewards over the Flagship.  Really only time to get the Flagship (I have it and am about to PC to Platinum card) is when they have a signup bonus for the card.

Good luck to your dog.  I have 4 of them and I know costly operations can be but you have to do them just like you would for a human.

Message 37 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the NFCU approvals. Gotta love them.  You're actually better off with the GoRewards over the Flagship.  Really only time to get the Flagship (I have it and am about to PC to Platinum card) is when they have a signup bonus for the card.

Good luck to your dog.  I have 4 of them and I know costly operations can be but you have to do them just like you would for a human.

Thanks Irish-

I love how it all worked out for the best. Agreed on the dogs, I used to laugh at people who spent thousands on procedures for their dogs. Now I'm that guy! i'd do anything for them. 

Good to know on the GR/ Flagship. I was told by the CSR when I first app'd that the UW criteria was the same across the board for all cards. I should have known better than to believe that as much as I read these boards....

Message 38 of 47
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Irish-

I love how it all worked out for the best. Agreed on the dogs, I used to laugh at people who spent thousands on procedures for their dogs. Now I'm that guy! i'd do anything for them. 

Good to know on the GR/ Flagship. I was told by the CSR when I first app'd that the UW criteria was the same across the board for all cards. I should have known better than to believe that as much as I read these boards....

Actually, the CSR wasn't misleading you.  The underwriting criteria ARE the same.  The difference is that the Flagship requires a minimum credit line of $5,000.  Since they only wanted to approve you for $3,700, you were denied the Flagship.   Other credit card issuers may automatically substitute a different product in that situation, but NFCU does not.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 39 of 47
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Dalmus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Irish-

Actually, the CSR wasn't misleading you.  The underwriting criteria ARE the same.  The difference is that the Flagship requires a minimum credit line of $5,000.  Since they only wanted to approve you for $3,700, you were denied the Flagship.   Other credit card issuers may automatically substitute a different product in that situation, but NFCU does not.

+1

Well said.  This is something that comes up quite a bit around here. 

If the underwriting was different, it wouldn't make sense for them to freely allow product changes from one card type to another, with only an APR adjustment to reflect the rewards (or lack thereof). 

I also agree with @Anonymous above; the Flagship rarely makes sense for most members unless there's a sign-up bonus.  IMO the GoRewards is highly underrated, especially for dining out.  Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.