Did you mean: 

Comenity confirms new policy!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity confirms new policy!!

@Anonymous wrote:
We need a Comenity "scare"/reality check every once in a while. It keeps the honest, honest. Honestly! 👌

The day I get a HP from Comenity, which kicks me out of the garden that Ive been in for almost 4 months now....will be the "scare" day for everyone else but me, LOL. Im obviously not scared of a HP like 95% of everyone is on these forums, since ive got 70+ on each CRA, hahaha...Smiley Happy...now...if I was trying to get a cli on  Comenity card, lets say to go from $250 to $500, I wouldnt do it, not worth it. But if It was say my Barneys card, and I know I could get a crazy CLI , worth it.  Sometimes you gotta pick and choose your battles.  But like I said....the day "I" confirm "HP" on my actual reports from them, then everyone can panick, until then, its business as usual via autobot, LOL Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 63
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Last time I attempted CLI's with Comenity, it said "Cannot process a credit limit increase at this time. Why the luv button works for some and not others is beyond me. My scores have all increased and no baddies. Don't know what their reasoning is. I have read a coouple of posts where others stated they in fact did recieve a hard pull. Why would they pull some and not others??

Your accts arent eligible at this time, thats what it means. Depending on the card, you have to have it for 3-9 months first before you will get one. PM me your list of cards, when you opened them, and we will go from there Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a master list somewhere for Comenity cards and when you can ask for CLI's? The first CLI's on my accounts were not allowed until I reached 6 months, but I haven't had another once since and we are going on 10 months.  Is that because I keep a balance and do not PIF monthly?

Message 33 of 63
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a master list somewhere for Comenity cards and when you can ask for CLI's? The first CLI's on my accounts were not allowed until I reached 6 months, but I haven't had another once since and we are going on 10 months.  Is that because I keep a balance and do not PIF monthly?

Many of their cards require ~9 months of history before you'll get anything. My BJ's card that I've had for a year has had literally one CLI. I don't ask anymore because I don't want a potential HP.

Message 34 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Last time I attempted CLI's with Comenity, it said "Cannot process a credit limit increase at this time. Why the luv button works for some and not others is beyond me. My scores have all increased and no baddies. Don't know what their reasoning is. I have read a coouple of posts where others stated they in fact did recieve a hard pull. Why would they pull some and not others??

I don't know whether this applies in your situation but I was getting regular CLIs on EB, JCrew and EB right up until I PIF all three and stopped spending money there. Essentially always carrying a zero balance.  My guess is that you need to spend some money with them in order to continue to get CLIs via luv button.

Message 35 of 63
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

If you are online the the CLI and it says the check the box for CLI then its a HP  otherwise its a SP

Message 36 of 63
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your accts arent eligible at this time, thats what it means. Depending on the card, you have to have it for 3-9 months first before you will get one. PM me your list of cards, when you opened them, and we will go from there Smiley Wink

Do you know how many months before the Virgin America is eligible?  I'm at 6 months and hesitant to hit the button...

Message 37 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are your spending habits?
Message 38 of 63
someg33k
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I honestly don't think that CSR knew what he was talking about OP..  Business as usual with comedity via Luv button.. Sure you could be hit by a HP, but when you request credit expect it, but they usually don't do it unless you speak with a representative.  I trust my dog that she won't eat a steak I leave on the coffee table while I leave the room more than the knowledge of their CSR's.

Exactly!  The reps at Comenity are not Credit Analysts. They are generic call center reps that could just as easily be taking phone orders for late night infomercials. They wouldn not know a soft pull from softball.  Ask Creditaddict about them Smiley Happy

I just got several CLis on my Comenity cards, soft pulls only - business as usual.

Message 39 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

My spending habits are as follows:

For Synchrony cards I always maintain a 10% utilization because theyre so generous with their CLI's. CapiTAL oNE sees most of my spend at several thousand per month between my two cards with them. I only have two accounts with Comenity. Victoria Secret $650 (5 months) and Paypal $500 (9-10 months). I typically use the VS card every month usually only charging $80-100 and then paying in full upon statement release. Two weeks ago I charged $300 due to back to college shopping for myself. Statement hasnt cut yet so I havent paid. Anyways those charges put me at 50% ish utilization which I hate but I'm hoping it might help with a CLI after I make two payments to pay it off.

Whats the best way to get a CLI from VS? phone, chat or luv button?

Message 40 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.