Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity continues to drive me nuts....

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Comenity continues to drive me nuts....

I've posted more than once or twice that Comenity killed my Total Rewards card  after 21 months of usage and perfect payments and it was the only card I had with them. Without going over the ugly details, there was no reason other than I always PIF and I assume the didn't make much money on me. I actually liked this card because I visit Ceasars properties a bunch. I swore off any and all Comenity backed cards due to that experience.

Today what shows up in the mail? A pre-approved invite for the DW, I assume because she has a companion card to my Caesars Seven Stars card. Salt in the wound....into the trash.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity continues to drive me nuts....

You should've written on the application "bite me" and sent it back in their postage paid envelope.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You should've written on the application "bite me" and sent it back in their postage paid envelope.  Smiley Very Happy

Good advice, not sure the wife would approve .... might do it anyway.

Message 3 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

The fact that she wouldn't approve most likely adds to the enjoyment factor... welcome to my brain. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You gotta admire ComenitySmiley Wink

Close out an account and keep sending mailers for same card or similar cards to same person . Good strategy on keeping clientes happy.Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Totally agree my friend. Or are we just a fraction of a percentage of total customers that they really don't mind screwing with us. I mean, personally I view these banks and cards as my playthings.  Wonder if their little algorithms sniff that out  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is great. I love it! I can't wait to send this to these sub prime lenders who insist on sending me their terrible pre-approved mailers. I'm looking at you Credit One............

Message 7 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

It doesn't seem so absurd to me. The invite was for her to apply, not you...and she is an "AU" in the loyalty program, so it's not mass spamming like Synch sending me an offer for a BP card when I don't buy gas there and don't even think one is nearby.

*There are many issuers who will lend to one spouse, but not the other.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.