Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity fraud alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity fraud alert

Had my phone off and was charging it. When I tured it on I had a voicemail from Comenity.  They wanted to know if I just used me card on a $15 purchase through PayPal.  Do these credit card companies get real jumpy during the holiday season or something?  I didn't use the card at all last month.  I have a dozen Comenity cards and sometimes feel like they may have a little too much control over my life.  My last two cards weren't even on the record before I called to activate them.  This particular card is from Comenity Capital and hasn't increased on the limit since I got it.  Might be time to get rid of some accounts.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity fraud alert

well? Did you use the card for that? Im assuming yes?

and yes, CCC do get a little jumpy around the holidays. That seems to be highest fraud time on CC's.
Message 2 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
well? Did you use the card for that? Im assuming yes?

and yes, CCC do get a little jumpy around the holidays. That seems to be highest fraud time on CC's.

Agree. And chances are pretty good ( hope i'm wrong on this) some big (or mid size) retailer has already been popped or soon will be.

There are some retailers/businesses that are on our credit lender's WATCH LIST!

We usually find out only months and months later with the big dept stores so they're trying to be more proactive as the holidays approach.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I bought 36 3M brand conspicuosity sticker tapes for my Honda Pilot rims.  The stickers are white and highly reflective.  Camping World Visa.  It's one of two of my Comenity cards that I have never gotten a CLI on.  The other one is HSN.  Other than J. Crew for the obvious high CL, I'd like to find a way to reverse some bad decisions and get rid of some cards I barely use.  I think Chase, Citi and Synchrony would be happier if I use theirs more than I do.

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Also to note PayPal is what lenders consider riskier if they are not familiar with you using it.  Only CC I really use with PayPal is Cap1 as they know me and my habits over the 15 years I have been with them.. Not saying you can't use other cards with them, but might just get such a call once they become familliiar with you then you probably won't get another call regarding such transaction.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's probably because of the new legislation that came into effect last month and the holidays. Not to mention the security breaches that keep occurring.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.