Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity giveth-Comenity taketh away

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity giveth-Comenity taketh away

I get that they have been fined but don't approve and them take it away not that I'm crying or anything I'm okay with my other cards and I have good limits li have 6 Chase cards all in good standing pay them off every month and never had a issue with them 

when I got the Comenity cards I purchased stuff with them but paid it off before even I got a statement with them as soon I got the order in my home I went online if the charge was there I paid right away 

if they want to be or feel that tough be on the people with bad credit that don't pay 

Message 61 of 73
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I get that they have been fined but don't approve and them take it away not that I'm crying or anything I'm okay with my other cards and I have good limits li have 6 Chase cards all in good standing pay them off every month and never had a issue with them 

when I got the Comenity cards I purchased stuff with them but paid it off before even I got a statement with them as soon I got the order in my home I went online if the charge was there I paid right away 

if they want to be or feel that tough be on the people with bad credit that don't pay 

I don't mean to be rude, but please use punctuations. Would make your posts much easier to read.

Message 62 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:

This is one of the downsides of computers and algorithms making decisions. some of these banks and card issuers have some really oddball policies that they aren't upfront with. If a company simply stated upfront with their terms and conditions what their likes and dislikes are, a lot of this CLD, AA and closures could be prevented or at the very least not leave a cardholder in shock wondering what happened. 

If you want to be conservative and limit your cardholders to people who don't do BT's, have too many new accounts or rack up a certain amount of inquiries in a set time, then say that upfront. I don't think anyone disagrees with AA if its warranted, I know if I were lending my money I'd be diligent as well,  but to close a customers cards outright who appears to be nothing but the ideal cardholder is plain ridiculous. 

I know there is no perfect solution and because of the sheer size of card portfolios its impossible for humans to do everything, but I think communicating your wants and needs a little clearer upfront could go a long way. Card companies expect us to act responsibly, I don't think it's too much to ask the favor be returned. 

Well said.

Message 63 of 73
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I got slammed by Comenity earlier and they closed my TR Visa with 11.5K CL.  They told me to reapply which I foolishly did and was approved for TR Visa Siggy with a 15K  CL.......I just like the dam card.  This is the only lender I have received AA from.  It makes you paranoid though.  If they ultimately close this one I will stay away from Comenity like the plague.......YMMV.  Also I stay away from requesting CLI's on cards with a 10K or above limit

Message 64 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sorry that some people on this forum require a screenshot to believe that what I posted is true. It is true or I would not have posted it. I have talked to 4 different people at Comenity Bank and finally got an answer. My accounts were closed for "perceived risk" due to too many inquires. I have had perfect payment history not only with the one card of Comenity's that has a balance,  but with all of my cards for over 30 years. The only accounts I have applied for in the last 3 months are the 3 that Comenity closed.  I liked the Farmers card as it had 0% for a year and 13.9 after that. At the end of the day, it is their money and their rules. They lost a good customer and I learned a lesson.  

I am sorry about the closures but I am happy you found out exactly what was going on.  I have Overstock and VS with them that I use rarely. I won't seek any further credit from them as I am shocked at the horror stories surrounding them.

Message 65 of 73
jeffery581
Established Contributor

WOW. They are going NUTS.

GOOD FOR YOU. You mess with my cards you can close all my cards with you. No swipe fees for you!

Smiley Very Happy

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 66 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecxpa wrote:

I got slammed by Comenity earlier and they closed my TR Visa with 11.5K CL.  They told me to reapply which I foolishly did and was approved for TR Visa Siggy with a 15K  CL.......I just like the dam card.  This is the only lender I have received AA from.  It makes you paranoid though.  If they ultimately close this one I will stay away from Comenity like the plague.......YMMV.  Also I stay away from requesting CLI's on cards with a 10K or above limit

I wish Caesers would put some pressure on Comenity about the handiing of TR cards.  Most people I would think are Caesers customers.

Message 67 of 73
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

I wish Caesers would put some pressure on Comenity about the handiing of TR cards.  Most people I would think are Caesers customers.

I think a lot of people have sent them a note or two asking they go with a more reasonable/stable bank

Message 68 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecxpa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

I think a lot of people have sent them a note or two asking they go with a more reasonable/stable bank

ecxpa you are better than I.  They would have one time only to close my account, I would never look back.  I had TR Visa that I closed along with several other Comenity Visas and MasterCard and several of their store cards.  After what they have done to people on this site that I follow, I don't trust them and don't want to do business with Comenity.  And yes if Total Reward was with a stable professional bank I would definitely re apply.   Good Luck with your TR Visa, it is a good card.

Message 69 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

This makes me so weary.
I recently had to put an emergency vet bill onto my comenity card.
And it wasn't a little bill either. Smiley Sad

Message 70 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.